2017 lx570 (best fitting trd wheel) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The guy says that Tundras just came with 4. No idea if that it accurate.

The price is still solid specially considering tires included. Didnt check for sensors either though, but keep in mind from the service bulletin for these wheels, there is a specific sensor type for them with angled clearance. I know @gaijin has the pdf. He always got the specs on deck despite our disagreements, a valuable member.

He says they have the TPMS sensors. I've never actually bought new wheels before, what's involved with connecting the sensors to the car?

He says they have the TPMS sensors. I've never actually bought new wheels before, what's involved with connecting the sensors to the car?

Super simple to do. Registers via tech-stream and assigned to car, i believe the vehicle automatically assigns the location based on transmitter signal.
I could be wrong about that but thats what my LX seems to do. You can also manually assign location in TS.

EDIT: Also with sensors included its still a great deal.

Super simple to do. Registers via tech-stream and assigned to car, i believe the vehicle automatically assigns the location based on transmitter signal.
I could be wrong about that but thats what my LX seems to do. You can also manually assign location in TS.

EDIT: Also with sensors included its still a great deal.
Awesome, thank you so much. You've been super helpful. I suppose I should get these mounted and balanced, not just put them on myself?

Awesome, thank you so much. You've been super helpful. I suppose I should get these mounted and balanced, not just put them on myself?
Not sure on your budget but i would swap tires, record the sensor IDs, balance and mount, and then do a few donuts in the parking lot before going home and hooking up techstream. Then relist the tires on CL or Ebay.

Unfortunately I don’t think tires will be in the budget right away, I’d have to be happy with these for a bit.

You scored a deal!!! And yes - tundras only had 4. Different rim for the spare.

Wait, thats only for 4? Were these not offered with a spare from factory?
No, only 4 on TRD Pros and only 4 on LC HEs. Only 4 on old RW Tundras as well.

Here are 18" Toyota on mine. Not BBS on my 2017.

0326211455.jpg

These don’t come with lugs, can I use my OEMs until I find replacements?
No one responded, but I believe the answer is that as long as your current wheels are an aluminum model and not steel, then it should be the same lug nut.

Here's the part number for the black lugs ($25/each for set of 5 lugs) PT076-0C200-002. I don't have any experience with aftermarket lugs. I know its M14x1.5 threaded.

Edit: A quick google and sets of 20 of the factory part for about $70 on eBay, so not too bad.

Looks right to me, here's a full write up of them going onto a 2017 Land Cruiser.

I see now you have the same year LX as mine. Looking at his guide, everything is right except the TPMS sensor will be a different part number. If yours are 11 yrs old now, might be a good time to replace (I wouldn't order the Toyota parts he mentions, as they are just rebranded Pacific/Denso parts at twice the cost). But you can transfer the ones you have over.

Looks right to me, here's a full write up of them going onto a 2017 Land Cruiser.

I see now you have the same year LX as mine. Looking at his guide, everything is right except the TPMS sensor will be a different part number. If yours are 11 yrs old now, might be a good time to replace (I wouldn't order the Toyota parts he mentions, as they are just rebranded Pacific/Denso parts at twice the cost). But you can transfer the ones you have over.
Yeah, just noticed that as well. Looks like the TPMS that came with these wheels won’t work, that’s a bummer.
Will investigate getting the right ones put in, guess I’ll have to look to an independent tire shop? Will Discount Tire install sensors on used tires?

Yeah, just noticed that as well. Looks like the TPMS that came with these wheels won’t work, that’s a bummer.
Will investigate getting the right ones put in, guess I’ll have to look to an independent tire shop? Will Discount Tire install sensors on used tires?

Yeah, you definitely can't run the Tundra sensors. From what I understand it depends on the Discount Tire. Some are more competent than others. Your Discount tire is going to suggest you buy their aftermarket sensors, that I'm sure will work fine. The best part about going that route is if something goes wrong, Discount Tire will be on the hook to make it right. If you bring them sensors and something goes wrong, they may just tell you to hit the bricks. I used a local tire shop and they had no problem, they even installed the "fit kit" that I forgot to supply without ever mentioning it to me. I basically did worst case scenario (from tire shop perspective) and brought them 4 tires I bought online (I bought 1 from them), 5 wheels I bought used off craigslist, and Denso sensors I bought off eBay. They mounted the tires to the wheels, installed sensors, and balanced everything, then helped me program to my truck once I mounted the wheels. They charged me $25/wheel.

For the 2010 LX the factory adjacent part you need is Denso 550-0103 sensors. YMMV on the fit kit. The only thing you need from the fit kit when you have new sensors is the nut that holds the valve on the outside of the wheel. I suspect they could re-use that part from the Tundra wheel assuming there are actually TPMS sensors installed (if so, maybe you can unload those to recoup some $$).

Plenty of threads on here about TPMS. Probably depends on what you intend to do with your stock 20" wheels on how you should deal with the sensor issue. I decided to keep mine whole, so I bought all new parts. instead of reusing anything. Side note: There is a pretty good market for fake Denso sensors. I'm 90% sure the ones I got off eBay are fake (I also got one from Amazon and it appears to be genuine). They work, but I'm pretty sure they aren't Denso sensors, as the serial codes on the body of the sensor didn't match the sensor once it was installed. My tire shop had to use a scanner to read the codes, then I used those codes to update the trucks computer and then everything worked fine.

Well, the guy I got my RWs from gave me his spare, and it was a steel 18" wheel. So I suspect that? I always wondered what people did with that, since I know you aren't supposed to use the RW lug nuts with the steel wheels. I don't know if it shipped with 5 of the correct lugs or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom