Build Weight Master Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jaymar

SILVER Star
Threads
How about one thread where anyone can look up significant + / - weight changes? Sure, you could use corner scales--but that doesn't give you individual component weights. And what if you're in the planning stage and have nothing to weigh? This can help with (for example) choosing a new suspension. Get the weight from the mfr, or weigh it yourself. Guesstimates don't count, and round up to the nearest pound. For example, ARB says...

ARB Deluxe Bull Bar (non-winch) - 104 lbs / 47 kg
ARB Deluxe Bull Bar (winch) - 113 lbs / 51 kg

Odyssey PC2150 (Group 31) Battery - 78 lbs (x2 = 156 lbs)

I do not know what the oem stock battery was or weighed; would have to know that to calculate weight added to front end / front left. Anyone...?

Snomaster EX67D 66L Fridge/Freezer - 71 lbs / 32 kg
Goose Gear Solo Fridge Slide (XL) - 36 lbs

MaxTrax Set (2 pieces) with straps and mounting pins - 16 lbs

Goose Gear Base Plate, 2-Drawer Box, 100% 2nd Row Delete - ~225 lbs*

*Okay, I said guesstimates don't count, but this one comes from GG. Has anyone weighed their GG system components?

And what about deletions and swaps? What does the third row weigh, with hardware? The second row? Front row power, manual? What do Scheel-Manns and Planted brackets weigh in at? And so on...

Remember that "shipping weights" can be wildly inaccurate because of "dimensional" considerations. And then there are the packing materials (including pallets in some cases).

Feel free to weigh in...

Last edited:
I like this. I will definitely contribute as I have things in hand to measure. Curiously; where did you get the ARB weights? I've scanned a few forums and it seems like ARB doesn't like to talk about that particular spec.

I like this. I will definitely contribute as I have things in hand to measure. Curiously; where did you get the ARB weights? I've scanned a few forums and it seems like ARB doesn't like to talk about that particular spec.
I asked Aussie HQ; they said "approximately," and cited the kilogram figures above. I also asked Goose Gear, but they've never weighed their 80s-specific components--or at least, they've never written it down. They pay shipping by dimensional weight, which works for them but tells us nothing. Have a few more mfr questions pending; will update if/when I get answers...

Last edited:
I have a few verified weights of things:

-ARB 50qt empty, 53#
-Rhino Rack 84x56 Pioneer Platform rack, 73#
-48“ Hi-Lift, 29#
-Cruisin Offroad Xfer and Tranny Skidplates, 65#
-White Knuckle Off Road 93-94 sliders DOM full no plate, 140#
-Slee Gen 2 Rear Bumper with Jerry can holder and Receiver, 292#
I can’t find my weights of the spare tire hoist and factory rear bumper take offs and receiver hitch. Sure someone has those handy though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom