I would appreciate input on selling my 96 FJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to sell my FJ80 that hasn’t been driven in quite awhile. I would like opinions, on whether, I should fix things before selling or it’s better to sell, as is. I know the ac needs fixed, my friend just put a new battery in it. It has 4 runner wheels on it, at the moment, because my brother drove it for awhile, so he swapped the wheels. The original wheels will be going back on. Front seats need reupholstered or new seats. I believe it has just over 200,000 miles on it. I would appreciate input on whether it’s productive to make repairs or sell, as is. I have no idea of it’s worth either.
C8C2C2A0-C871-4D62-94DF-13315CAAB47F.jpeg

6651F946-73BF-4077-8D18-5B9293B8B6CC.jpeg

A3CCEE3E-3230-48CB-A415-963C9093B1CE.jpeg

134F93D4-9FEB-48A4-B8C8-2A056674FD99.jpeg

Put a price tag of $35K on it and call it a day.

Depending on how much work you are willing to put into it you will likely get more for it. If you are paying someone else to do the work it will not likely make you any money and will likely cost you more than you get back after the sale. If it is a clean interior, no mechanical issues, no rust, and stock/unmodded it will bring a decent amount when cleaned up. I wouldn't paint it but give it a good cleaning and detail. While re-upholstering the seats will be costly it will likely add to the overall market interest and value in my opinion. Mosley motors makes a nice leather replacement. If it has lockers (factory tripple locked) it will add a few thousand to the value. Check out the 80 series price thread in the for sale section to get an idea of worth before selling/listing.

Depending on how much work you are willing to put into it you will likely get more for it. If you are paying someone else to do the work it will not likely make you any money and will likely cost you more than you get back after the sale. If it is a clean interior, no mechanical issues, no rust, and stock/unmodded it will bring a decent amount when cleaned up. I wouldn't paint it but give it a good cleaning and detail. While re-upholstering the seats will be costly it will likely add to the overall market interest and value in my opinion. Mosley motors makes a nice leather replacement. If it has lockers (factory tripple locked) it will add a few thousand to the value. Check out the 80 series price thread in the for sale section to get an idea of worth before selling/listing.
Thank you so much for your reply! My friend would be doing work on it. I don’t want him to do too much. I love the truck, but I haven’t been able to drive for years, due to illness. He said the underneath looks good, as far as, rust. I will check out the Mosley motors seats and the other thread. I really appreciate your reply!

There is a (supposedly) triple locked 94 emerald green for sale in my area with (idont how many but the engine was rebuilt 25000 miles ago) miles and they are asking 15000

What does triple locked mean?
To many the phrase is like finger nails on a chalkboard.
It’s a reference to the factory available option of front and rear locking differentials.

It doesn't, as best I can tell. But there would be a rotary knob to the left of the steering wheel on the dash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom