Toyota Corolla 2C Alternator questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there folks. I'm back at it with my diesel Corolla. I have a problem with my alternator. I removed it, took it to Blanchard Electric in Auburn, Washington, and Todd over there said that the rectifiers are both fried. He spent some time trying to find replacements, but had no luck and asked me to search. I have spent way too much time today looking for replacements, but I am striking out. It looks like I could purchase a complete new alternator from Japan, but $980 seems a bit steep for me. So, I thought I would tap into this Borg mind and see if anyone here has a source for hard to find Denso components? Or Toyota replacement parts that are unobtanium? I have tried all the usual suspects, Amayama, partsouq, JP-carparts. I haven't heard back from any of them yet, but at least JP-carparts lists the alternator for sale (ouch). Are there any other suppliers that I should be looking into? Does anyone know of a place that could rebuild the rectifiers? I'm at a loss here, and really need to get that little guy back on the road. And, it's a funky alternator. It has the vacuum pump driven off the back of it, and has an oil feed line going into the alternator, and a drain line coming out of the vacuum pump.

Thank you folks, and I hope we can figure something out.

The part number is on the alternator. Once you know that you can google the parts for it. The parts you need are most likely used in other denso alternators. There should be Denso and Toyota part numbers on the alternator

The part number is on the alternator. Once you know that you can google the parts for it. The parts you need are most likely used in other denso alternators. There should be Denso and Toyota part numbers on the alternator
For sure. I have been using the part number from the alternator to do my searching. And the chassis number.

IMG_20210708_213946.jpg

ThIs is the alternator part number for a JDM spec CE95, 27020-64210. I cant see the number on your alternator in the parts diagram. Im wondering if its off another vehicle.
Try searching under 27020-64210
part numbers for rectifer

1626395310828.png

These are alternator part number from a Liteace with a 2C The Liteace had a bigger production run
27020ALTERNATOR ASSY
27060-6401112V 70A (08/1988 - 07/1990)1$765.87
27060-6404012V 70A (08/1990 - 12/1991)

So, back at this beast. After relentlessly searching all of the interwebs, I found a company in Russia who has what appears to be the correct rectifier set. They are on order, and due here in the next week or two. I'm crossing my fingers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom