Plugs for 93 FZJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What plugs and gap do you guys recommend for the 1FZ-FE engine?
Thanks In aadvance

What plugs and gap do you guys recommend for the 1FZ-FE engine?
Thanks In aadvance
The ones purchased from Toyota and gapped per the FSM.

Thanks
I’m at the parts store and they are pushin NGK
90919-01176
thanks
I’m at the parts store now and they’re telling me it’s these little NGKs. I don’t think they know.

That's because they don't know - they're just selling you what they have.

The correct plugs are like $6/ea at the dealership. Do you have one near you?

No. I'm out in AZ going to see my dad and one of the plugs started fouling so I found a little parts store in some dusty town.

If that dusty town is anywhere near Phoenix or Tucson, you have plenty of options for dealerships. Good luck with the trip, and fouling a plug could be caused by any number of things not just a bad spark plug.

If that dusty town is anywhere near Phoenix or Tucson, you have plenty of options for dealerships. Good luck with the trip, and fouling a plug could be caused by any number of things not just a bad spark plug.
I drove from CA, so I'm not close to any of the major cities just yet. I think I have a stuck intake valve on #3. A new plug usually lasts a while.

If you're not near a dealership, find a big box store that sells Denso plugs (Advance Auto Parts and Autozone both carry Denso). Denso 3119 - gap to .032" for the cheapest solution.

If you're not near a dealership, find a big box store that sells Denso plugs (Advance Auto Parts and Autozone both carry Denso). Denso 3119 - gap to .032" for the cheapest solution.
Thank you. I just need a quick fix. That’s just what I needed to know until I get to a dealer.

Thank you. I just need a quick fix. That’s just what I needed to know until I get to a dealer.
Problem. When I went to remove the spark plug wire, the rubber fitting that seats around the plug came off and is stuck in there.

image.jpg

Problem. When I went to remove the spark plug wire, the rubber fitting that seats around the plug came off and is stuck in there.

View attachment 2730428
Most of us have used locking forceps and picks to stab it and pull it out.

It took me an hour laying on top of the engine to get the one out if #6.

Make sure you use some dielectric grease on the new boots being installed so the doesn't happen again.

Hi guys,

i had the same issue many times until i tried one simple thing...just spray wd40 right in there...using a handmade hook (basically, a flat metal wire and bent in the end) it comes out easy.

hope it helps

Make sure you use some dielectric grease on the new boots being installed so the doesn't happen again.
Unfortunately I didn’t have any. This was a road side plug change and it was hot. On a good note, those plugs, except 3, were clean as can be. Good to know the engine is running well.

NGK-GPower. .035”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom