Another 45 restoration (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ain’t that fun? 😆

You probably know this but watch the heat going to those doors, the outside panel is big and easily bows. Secure as best as possible to something solid like heavy welding table. Good luck, it’s worth the pain the ass(ets).

Ain’t that fun? 😆

You probably know this but watch the heat going to those doors, the outside panel is big and easily bows. Secure as best as possible to something solid like heavy welding table. Good luck, it’s worth the pain the ass(ets).
TNX for the great advice I was going to do just what you offered. Saturday I welded a floor pan to my trailer and and the floor is 65” long got lucky no warpage but took a bunch of time and used air to keep things cool while I was stitching my welds slowly always fun, slow is fast.

Outside lower doors panels are formed up, Ron got after them now it is time to weld them on and move on to the insides , chipping away at it.

94CC20CB-1DBC-4292-BFE2-627954011C9F.jpeg

9899A8B7-71EA-4425-8C41-AE8BF62368D8.jpeg

Just opened the package from CCOT yesterday gas tank neck filler that will go into the back of the bed cause of the placement of the new 20 gallon tank that Roc-Doc has in his Rig it is a 96 S10 Blazer 2 door fit perfectly. The fuel door and housing is from a Fj 40 a great match for the ol 45
85C3A430-ADF7-4DF0-A72E-B636FC22CF7D.jpeg

Well the last of the little bits are done and we are going to send the bed to paint. The bottom structure is completed and all welded, I used thin wall 1x3 tubing way strong and about same in the weight department as nos material. Tub will be next, have to fill in the fire wall excess holes and fit the doors and it goes next. Front clip just got back from media blasting and not much work there clean up and we are on our way. I am sure Ron at Notth West Diesel is feeling a bunch of accomplishment as it has been a long run to get this project to the space it is in, continued TNX for the great work

741E14FC-E3E5-44D4-B539-5F9B542735E5.jpeg

Here Ron is filling in and grinding off the welds of the excess holes we won’t need, making it pretty. Finally getting to the end of the work needed on the tub it feels good to see the light at the end of the tunnel. It will go n cut to Paul’s across the street for paint. If I haven’t mentioned the color for it is Spring Green.

523FB780-3B4C-4EEB-8E89-44FEBD0BCC12.jpeg

ACFF31B1-8753-4E0A-8425-AC7CF9A2D0A5.jpeg

Hinges for the windshield and doors are done, not the easiest to do, hinge pins were hard to get out ended up drilling one out after the press would not press them out, wanted to bend the hinge even tried heat, no cigar it said. Also decided to do the hood hinges to get them to match still to do. Tub back on the frame along with the bed will start fitting the doors and eventually the front clip before paint I got moved back on the paint so hurry up and wait seems to be the game. Sophie my Great Pyrenees with a fresh haircut before winter says she is coming back in from the shop and hanging inside till some more work gets started sooo there we are. Soon I will be done working and getting back to retirement and those of you that are watching my Fj 35 in the hard core section for some more progress on the two projects, they are keeping me busy even with Ron doing one.

80D27D42-EDB9-46E9-B811-36F81E21769E.jpeg

BA687434-F605-4B18-BD4F-5EAB94867D89.jpeg

3325404E-52E0-4B36-BE43-4E47FEFD0C58.jpeg

Last edited:
Ron is still at it, filling in the area of the the driver fender where the stock steering box was cut out. Four stages to the fill in, the last on is the rough finished product, just a skim of filler and away it goes.

BD2074AF-BAD0-47D2-9D1F-F23ADB81E427.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom