Toyota Land Cruiser Hj61 chopped and trayed - Youtube - not me :) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1626094820989.png

This popped up on the Reddit land cruiser section and linked back to Youtube. Currently trying to find more info on how the back of the cab was made as It would be a great use for my rusty crusty parts FJ62.
The side panels are just made from the doors…at least the bottom portion.

Last edited:
View attachment 2728855

This popped up on the Reddit land cruiser section and linked back to Youtube. Currently trying to find more info on how the back of the cab was made as It would be a great use for my rusty crusty parts FJ62.
The side panels are just made from the doors…at least the bottom portion.

That is similar to the plan I have for my 60. I have “d” pillars from a parts truck that I will try to incorporate. My tray will be steel and wood. No soa, though. I will document.

Aren’t the 70 series up for classic imports now? Or soon? I always wanted a flat bed 70.... with a diesel...

Aren’t the 70 series up for classic imports now? Or soon? I always wanted a flat bed 70.... with a diesel...
70 series has been up for import for awhile now. 25 years is the rule, so 1996 and older is the newest you can get.

They started making the 70 series in 1984 so plenty to choose from.

70 series has been up for import for awhile now. 25 years is the rule, so 1996 and older is the newest you can get.

They started making the 70 series in 1984 so plenty to choose from.
I thought I’d read that somewhere. Maybe there’s a variation with a specific engine set up that people are jonesing to get ahold of in the states? I don’t know a whole lot about the 70’s... just that I want one🙄

I thought I’d read that somewhere. Maybe there’s a variation with a specific engine set up that people are jonesing to get ahold of in the states? I don’t know a whole lot about the 70’s... just that I want one🙄

Oh there's variations lol....like 1000 different variations and iterations of the 70 series. That said of the models that people are jonesing to get in the US, everyone is pretty hot and heavy over the pickups, with the HZJ75 being the most desired diesel pickup.

Here's the long answer:

BJ75 - 4 cylinder (3B) diesel
PZJ75 -5 cylinder (1PZ) diesel
HJ75 - 6 cylinder (2H) diesel
HZJ75 6 cylinder (1HZ) diesel

FJ75 - 6 cylinder 3F gas, carb
FZJ75 - 6 cylinder 1FZ gas, carb
FZJ75-FE 6 cylinder 1FZ-FE gas fuel injected

What everyone REALLY wants is the 79 series 4 door pickup, V8 turbo diesel which isn't legal in the US yet and won't be until 2037.

b7f9c15fc50ca492a0a5c1dc54d5cf5e.jpg

Oh there's variations lol....like 1000 different variations and iterations of the 70 series. That said of the models that people are jonesing to get in the US, everyone is pretty hot and heavy over the pickups, with the HZJ75 being the most desired diesel pickup.

Here's the long answer:

BJ75 - 4 cylinder (3B) diesel
PZJ75 -5 cylinder (1PZ) diesel
HJ75 - 6 cylinder (2H) diesel
HZJ75 6 cylinder (1HZ) diesel

FJ75 - 6 cylinder 3F gas, carb
FZJ75 - 6 cylinder 1FZ gas, carb
FZJ75-FE 6 cylinder 1FZ-FE gas fuel injected

What everyone REALLY wants is the 79 series 4 door pickup, V8 turbo diesel which isn't legal in the US yet and won't be until 2037.

View attachment 2729502
I bet if you were making a Hollywood movie you could get ahold of one... that thing is freakin sweet....

Needs more wheelbase, maybe 18”
I have an Fj80 chassis just waiting for its next iteration in life and I'm pondering a variation of the above using the rusty 62 parts cruiser I picked up for the cab. I think a chopped 62 cab with the 80 chassis and a GM 4200 engine mated to a NV4500 would make a fairly economical build. I just have to find some 80 axles as I just have the chassis. Added bonus is I have the title for the 62 chassis so I can more easily register whatever ends up rolling out of my garage.

The 80 wheel base is about 5" longer which would lend itself to a little more length out the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom