What alternators fit HDJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Maybe I am just not doing the right search. I am sure this has had to come up ad nauseum, but if anyone can tell me, I would appreciate it. Or send me a link to a discussion. I really need an alternator and I would rather it fit right up. I know the oval plug will probably need an adapter, but I don't want to make a new bracket. More amps are great, but OEM amps are good enough for me.

Well what do you have now? There is many aftermarket alternators available , they are the only ones that put out more amps than the OEM.
Anything off a 1HZ 1HD T 1HD FT or 1HD FTE will fit. You might have to grind a bracket if you use the HDJ100 alternator.
Most of the aftermarket ones comes with a free plug adaptor or you can buy one for $12
1HZ alternators have the highest amp from stock at 110a but they are available with 120 which actually put out 137. There is also 180a and 400a if you want to spend the $$$

Not interested in the bigger amps. Although I would take it. I just got one from Toyotapartsdeal.com but the bracket was wrong. 90 amp. I was kinda surprised. That is why I am asking. My OEM is 60
amp. And I have no reason to get any more than that. I have found all kinds of alternators online but I wanted to know if there were any Toyotas out there with a compatible alternators so I could get an OEM if possible from a scrap yard. I will check out the 1HZ and at least add it to my search. Basically I wanted to see if there was a Camry, or Tundra or something that would be a direct swap minus the harness which I figure has probably changed. I'm OK with that.

Last edited:
Looks like that Tercel might just work. I am debating rewinding my current one (just started a new thread) but Tercel’s are a dime a dozen at PullAPart. Good for a backup. I think I saw it could be 55 amp. I wonder if the 60 amp rating on mine is actually just rounded up.

This is working without issues with a few thousand miles so far on a 1992 1HDT. Pulley swap and re-pin the connector and it bolts right in IIRC. HTH

1626852209627.png

That's perfect. Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for.

For those who want to use the Paseo Tercel alternator, the OEM is only 70amp and you need the Amazon version for 130amps.

OEM part numbers for comparison EL53L
27060-1117012V 70A
27060-1130012V 70A, COLD SPEC

Last edited:
I have heard good things about these guys, no affiliation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom