Cruiser Head (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Chase and I are currently drawing up the TECH specs on the :

FJ40 NON-USA 40 series H55F Top Shifter cover Plate and assy top cover kit

the one that’s been Bull sHi#ed in 40 series tech for years now

if anyone as a team
Can pull this off it’s him and I

I have a NOS one we will reverse engineer to BLISS ..

View attachment 2722029

We already Printed Out this PTO UNIT last week , its in FULL production at Chase's Studio now ...

View attachment 2722030
I would love to see one that would allow a shorter shift throw. With a Tuffy console that has the radio opening and front cup holders, the H55F shifter has to be bent so far forward to clear a large cup when in 2nd and 4th gears that it's a long reach putting it into 1st 3rd and 5th gears; and I have long arms!

@ToyotaMatt you laugh but them Big Gulps take up some space!

Last edited:
I have a few projects in the works that im exited to release soon!
In the meantime, Is there anything that anyone wishes their fj60 had? Like a feature that would improve your driving experience? I'm always looking for new ideas!
Also, I cant believe that I've sold almost 100 radio brackets! (90 to be exact) Thank-you to everyone thats purchased one! Its really cool to have made something that was able to make an improvement on other peoples vehicles!

Any plans to print sun visor swivel mounts? Mine (FJ60) are cracked causing the sun visor to droop down when not in it's clip. Thank you!

Last edited:
Any plans to print sun visor swivel mounts? Mine (FJ60) are cracked causing the sun visor to droop down when not in it's clip. Thank you!
I'd have to check to see how avalible they are. I try to make parts that are already really hard to find that many people need. Thats something I think I could manage.

I would love to see one that would allow a shorter shift throw. With a Tuffy console that has the radio opening and front cup holders, the H55F shifter has to be bent so far forward to clear a large cup when in 2nd and 4th gears that it's a long reach putting it into 1st 3rd and 5th gears; and I have long arms!

@ToyotaMatt you laugh but them Big Gulps take up some space!

define a bug gulp take up space ?

i dont get it

define a bug gulp take up space ?

i dont get it
202175904515image.jpg

😁

Couple of those just in front of a center console in a 60 series....

I'd have to check to see how avalible they are. I try to make parts that are already really hard to find that many people need. Thats something I think I could manage.
I appreciate the research. It seems that FJ60/FJ62 owners have been adapting 70 series visors to their trucks.

I think the availability of the swivel mounts would be an excellent solution for keeping the original visors on the 60 series. If you do print them, I'll buy some right away. In fact, I'll put in a pre-order, if it helps :)

Im test 3D printing my first entire whole FJ60's. Im still working out the overheating and the oil leaks and the rusting plastic. Will report progress soon.
If you need a guinea pig truck to model oil leaks from, feel free to use mine! Mine stays cool though, so you’ll have to model that from another truck.

I appreciate the research. It seems that FJ60/FJ62 owners have been adapting 70 series visors to their trucks.

I think the availability of the swivel mounts would be an excellent solution for keeping the original visors on the 60 series. If you do print them, I'll buy some right away. In fact, I'll put in a pre-order, if it helps :)
I would pre-order a set.

I would pre-order a set.
I went ahead and made a model of the sun visor clip. Its not 100% exact but pretty dang close. Printed out of my UV resistant ASA plastic ofcourse. The should be posted up tomorrow on my etsy shop.

I just re-read your post @garfieldthecat ... I made the sunvisor clips not the swivel mounts.... Back to the drawing board.

My bezel showed up last week while I was away babysitting my grandkids. Great work Chase! I'm really looking forward to getting it prepped, painted and installed.

Yes, that's it. How's it fit? Looks great in black by the way.

View attachment 2728464
@garfieldthecat So far it fits good. Im going to include some internal locking star washers in the kit as they need to be bent significantly to remove the spring. The spring will need to be preserved. I'm doing some final field testing to ensure proper strength before I post these up for-sale. I actually found that my passenger side had a pretty bad crack that was spreading when I used it for a template.

These will be 3D printed out of ASA, a UV resistant, tough plastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom