SOLD West Texas: 1969 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
1969 FJ40 original engine. $8,500.00. Runs and drives. Needs work (don’t they all!?) Additional pictures and information available upon request.
4F0A16D3-3B07-47CD-B202-87B3A21C9331.jpeg

Please send additional pictures, I am interested. PM and I will give you my email

This is my old 40. It runs great. It's a solid 40 for someone. Has a painless wiring harness. Engine was rebuilt about 8 years ago. Has original f engine with 2f valve cover. Weber carb, electric fuel pump. Has 22 gallon auxiliary tank above rear axle. 3 speed converted to floor shift. I have driven this 40 on 500 mile trips. Its Has solid running gear.

This is my old 40. It runs great. It's a solid 40 for someone. Has a painless wiring harness. Engine was rebuilt about 8 years ago. Has original f engine with 2f valve cover. Weber carb, electric fuel pump. Has 22 gallon auxiliary tank above rear axle. 3 speed converted to floor shift. I have driven this 40 on 500 mile trips. Its Has solid running gear.
Do you have pictures of when it was yours?

It's pretty rust free or was back then. One small area of rust right behind the transmission him that I sourced s donor replacement for. I don't remember if I fixed it or gave the piece to buyer. Either way it would be an easy fix. I trimmed the front and rear fenders because I was young a dumb and wanted room for 35s. Luckily those are easily replaceable. My brother put a brushed aluminum Dash in it. I wrapped it in orange digital camo. I thought it was cool back in the day. Brushed aluminum Dash cover could easily be removed and put back stock with some minor Dash repair to fix the holes to hold the cover. Wipers work, with correct switch. Heatercand heater fan worked when sold. I'm sure they still do. Vacuum actuated 4x4 worked when sold. Parking brake worked. Original Guage cluster was replaced with round gages. I don't remember if It went to buyer or not but it didn't work. Other than that I think most of the switches are correct for the period minus the hazards. Never found that one. I saw this again in person the other day. It fired right up. I rebuilt all 4 drums before I sold it. It's a good base for a restoration or just to drive as is. I would buy it back but I bought a 74 last week.

It's pretty rust free or was back then. One small area of rust right behind the transmission him that I sourced s donor replacement for. I don't remember if I fixed it or gave the piece to buyer. Either way it would be an easy fix. I trimmed the front and rear fenders because I was young a dumb and wanted room for 35s. Luckily those are easily replaceable. My brother put a brushed aluminum Dash in it. I wrapped it in orange digital camo. I thought it was cool back in the day. Brushed aluminum Dash cover could easily be removed and put back stock with some minor Dash repair to fix the holes to hold the cover. Wipers work, with correct switch. Heatercand heater fan worked when sold. I'm sure they still do. Vacuum actuated 4x4 worked when sold. Parking brake worked. Original Guage cluster was replaced with round gages. I don't remember if It went to buyer or not but it didn't work. Other than that I think most of the switches are correct for the period minus the hazards. Never found that one. I saw this again in person the other day. It fired right up. I rebuilt all 4 drums before I sold it. It's a good base for a restoration or just to drive as is. I would buy it back but I bought a 74 last week.
Thank you, that answers a lot of questions I was going to ask!

very interested,,,,still available??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom