Possible Group Buy - Flat Steel FJ40 Rear Fender Protection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@todt, still up for a set?

@hey you, this is the thread to keep an eye on.

Bump for anyone else who might be in need of a set. I'm sure prices have increased. Once we get three interested parties at the same time I'll call for a fresh quote.

I'm refreshing an older post to see if there is a current interest in purchasing a set. We need a minimum of 3 people to confirm purchasing a set. Fast Eddy will contact his vendor for current pricing. Metal/labor/shipping prices most likely have gone up since the last group purchase. Fast Eddy will let us know the current cost before placing the order with his vendor.

Pricing not as bad as I thought, $315 a set, +30 for countersinking (bargain, if you ask me, the bit alone is that much).

Send me a DM and I'll send you my email address for paypal friend payment. Once I have 3 payments, I'll get them in progress. I'll cover the 4th set myself and it will be available for the same pricing.

1. @todt
2. @hey you
3. @Darkwing58
4. @??

The parts have been ordered. I'll let you know if I get an ETA. From their responses so far I wouldn't be surprised if they were done later today. (?)

Last edited:
Any updates for shipping?
I asked for status Wednesday. They said they were still waiting for the steel and would let me know when it was going to be in. I'll update when I know more.

What is the distance from the top of the tub to the top of the plates where you guys are mounting them?
My 40 got a curved hack job for Jeep fender flares. I am looking for a solution and saw this rather than welding in Real Steel or other patches.

The top of the plates are roughly at the fender join. The bolts are just below. I can measure for you sometime today.

Edit: 5-5/8" below the top edge of the flat part of the fender, where it starts to bend inwards.

If your fenders are not showing light through to the inside of the tub, above the fender, these can be used to cover the hack job.

Last edited:
I asked for status Wednesday. They said they were still waiting for the steel and would let me know when it was going to be in. I'll update when I know more.

Going to Tahoe and the Nat'l Forest from tomorrow to next Thursday, so hopefully shipping Friday. (?)

DSC_0641.JPG

Last edited:
PM sent about the 4th set.

4th set spoken for.

I'm going to get one of the good counter-sink bits to finish off the holes in mine. We can mail it around to complete the one hole in each piece that doesn't get drilled at the shop. It's in this thread somewhere, but as a reminder, one hole on each side doesn't get drilled so you can move the front fore/aft or down a little (and trim) depending on your needs.

I will be out looking for some solid packing material and calculating shipping today.

Last edited:
You're telling me. It only lasted one side, and wasn't that fun towards the end.

Pics of my rig from Rubithon:

attachment.php

attachment.php
Hey Eddie, are you still making these fender plates?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom