SOLD 2017 Tacoma TRD OffRoad DCLB Quicksand Built (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. Tacoma
Sold Pending Funds

2017 Tacoma TRD OffRoad Double Cab Long Bed in Quicksand - $32.5k with Cap, $31.5k without

sandyacht front.jpeg

I picked up this truck a couple of months ago from a local cruiser buddy. I bought it for my son to take off to college. At the time, it looked like he was headed either east or west, to a land of many trails and open spaces. This is a perfect build as a camping/fishing/overlanding rig. Now, my son is instead going to be headed to the midwest. This truck is big, thirsty, and overbuilt for where he'll be for the next 4 years. It's great, but belongs with someone who can make better use of it.

-TRD Offroad with the standard rear locker, crawl control, black fender flares, etc.
-Premium package with heated seats, sunroof, power rear window
-Premium Auio - JBL stereo with subwoofer, nav system
- Technology package - blind spot monitoring and parking sonar

99k miles, and my son is still driving so may breach 100k soon.

The truck came from Florida, and was there until summer 2019. It was owned by a salesman, and driven a lot, but all of that on Florida highways. 75k miles in 2 years. All maintenance was done on time and I have documentation. Yep, miles are high but they are the easiest miles a truck could do.
- Florida owner added a $1000 full ceramic tint job to the entire truck
- Black leather Classio seat covers have been on the truck since new. High quality covers. First set I've seen, and they look OEM.

- Otherwise left stock

Truck came north summer of 2019. Bought to be used as an overlanding camping rig. Plan was to put a GFC Camper on the back. More on that below.

- Dobinson's 2.5 inch lift was professionally installed by Mainline overland in Bow NH. Springs, upper control arms, suspension bushings replaced, Dobinson's shocks, etc.
- BFG AT3 285/75r16 tires added, now with 20k miles, great shape.
- ARB bumper
- Heavy full length sliders with bump out. I can't recall maker at the moment, but one of the good ones.
- Warn Synthetic rope winch (needs a contactor switch, haven't sorted that yet)
- ARB intensity lights with 2 sets of covers
- Ram mounts, Rubber floor mats, some other small stuff inside I'm forgetting
- Topper was added with LED lights. Yakima load racks.

The build is excellent, well done, and works on this truck. I am not generally a fan of the big ARBs, but on this long truck it actually looks proportional. Personally, this is one of the best looking Tacoma builds I have seen. Well balanced and works.

The owner before me never took this offroad. My son and I haven't either. Some fire road usage, but mostly highway miles up in Maine.

Truck was treated with "rust check" oil coating which is a New England variant of fluid film. 2019 and again in 2020. No salt exposure without this treatment. No rust. No issues.

The GFC camper has been ordered, with a build date of this summer. Has not been canceled yet. If that is of interest, the reservation can be transfered. This could save a year long build wait.

Bottom Line: Well built, 2017 TRD Offorad DCLB with high but very gentle miles. Excellent travel and overlanding truck. Just more than my son or I need at this point in our lives.
-Asking $32.5k including the cap. $31.5 without.
- I always like a good trade. I'd consider a 2nd or 3rd Gen Tacoma access cab (no short beds) in a more stock configuration. Save yourself a bunch of cash by not building your own.
- I'm a sucker for a nice Land Cruiser, so always considered. For the right truck (it would need to be REALLY right), I'd even consider this Tacoma plus cash. No rust, no projects. Otherwise, it never hurts to ask.

sand yacht driver.jpeg

sandyacht side.jpeg

sandyacht interior.jpeg

sandyacht rear.jpeg

sandyacht bridge.jpeg

sandyacht front.jpeg

Last edited:
Undercarriage Shots
IMG_81641-M.jpg

IMG_81591-M.jpg

IMG_81571-M.jpg

IMG_81551-M.jpg

Inside cap
IMG_20201225_133417_01-M.jpg

IMG_81651-S.jpg

Sold Pending Funds.

Did the sale go through? Just wanted to verify.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom