REDARC trailer brake system, suffering from Analisys Paralisys. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have all the wiring set up, relays are in and working for reverse lights and 12V house battery charging.
Brake control wires are run up under the dash and loomed, waiting for me pick a good spot for the brake controller.
Where I'm struggling is where the heck to put the little magic dial for the REDARC trailer brakes.
1624200340683.png

Would anybody that runs one of these be willing to share where you put the dial?
I have two blank switch locations left and they are both bespoken for future lighting needs.

The two most promising locations are in the flat of the shifter console next to the 2nd Start and Power buttons, or up on the center console to the left side of the latch to get in the lower bucket. The subwoffer is disconected, so if it's in the way for the upper location, it will come out.
1624201148158.png

I'm in the same boat on the 80 but haven't started any of the wiring yet. Based on previous experience in a 200 series, I'm leaning toward placing it in the upper left location (the blank to the left of the hazard switch) for ergonomics' sake.

On the LX570 we drilled a new hole to place it high on the dash, near and immediately to the right of the steering wheel. I like a location that is easy to see and reach in a dicey situation where I might have trailer sway and want to manually activate it, or if I'm adjusting the gain for changing road conditions (dry, wet, icy, loose gravel, et al).

What I did
The two lower switch plates are occupied with ditch light and fog light switches. The upper is one of the open locations that is already planned for. I was looking at the spot between the fuse box and tweeter....hummm.

Last edited:
I put mine in the stock hand throttle location.

I have all the wiring set up, relays are in and working for reverse lights and 12V house battery charging.
Brake control wires are run up under the dash and loomed, waiting for me pick a good spot for the brake controller.
Where I'm struggling is where the heck to put the little magic dial for the REDARC trailer brakes.
View attachment 2709199

Would anybody that runs one of these be willing to share where you put the dial?
I have two blank switch locations left and they are both bespoken for future lighting needs.

The two most promising locations are in the flat of the shifter console next to the 2nd Start and Power buttons, or up on the center console to the left side of the latch to get in the lower bucket. The subwoffer is disconected, so if it's in the way for the upper location, it will come out.
View attachment 2709204
Swap the LX center console for an LC one, then you gain (4) switch holes. Move a couple lighting switches to there and mount the RedArc to one in the dash, maybe above the shifter or on the left side of the steering wheel by the dash light rheostat.

I put it next to the power and 2nd start buttons.
It looks good there and is easy to get to. Just finished up, I'll post pics when there is daylight.

I put it next to the power and 2nd start buttons.
It looks good there and is easy to get to. Just finished up, I'll post pics when there is daylight.
lrmHF7gl.jpg

It works really well there. Easy to get to and can adjust on the fly without looking.
The only time I almost had an issue was when my :princess: set a bag of mixed nuts on it. Luckily it was was dialed to "off" as I had just been two footing through some potholes on an up hill stretch. Otherwise that could have been interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom