What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Went back and blended the panel with additional metal to correct the door curve. Tested the door and it fit so truck is getting some mud then paint.

9587E8F2-ACBC-4CBF-A2DA-945CA596B023.jpeg

Took it to the 33rd Rubithon, drove there and home in the darn thing. 7 hours each way. At $0.50 per mile.

Was well worth it.

Those pictures look amazing. Do you know the FJ cruiser with the similar plate from before? And is the hood on the roof trick for engine cooling purposes?

Those pictures look amazing. Do you know the FJ cruiser with the similar plate from before? And is the hood on the roof trick for engine cooling purposes?
Did not know him, was at Ice House Resort when I pulled up and took the opportunity to take the photo. And the hood is off as a traditional 2nd day thing on the Rubicon. Everyone does it apparently. Actually I burnt up a Alternator the first day, get hot underhood temps (although it could be from bad wiring on the alternator killing the internal regulator on them). Luckily I carry a spare alternator so it was not a big deal. With my built intake I get much better Air Intake Temps than before along with both fans keep the engine cool but there is still a lot of heat created.

IMG_5456.JPG

IMG_5457.JPG

IMG_5336.JPG

IMG_5620.JPG

Got a lot done today!
after making the engine fire up. and waiting for parts.I received a care package from Spector Offroad. Thermostat, thermostat lower housing, radiator hose kit, voltage regulator, and a turn signal switch. Also started digging into the rear brakes and they don’t look to bad. May need a wheel cylinder. Cleaned up the e brake some. Removed years of mud stuck on it. It actually lighten up. Got the rear tail lights connected and functioning. Bought some bullet connectors through Clips&fasteners.com to finish off the the tail lights. All lights are functioning. And replaced my old battery cables with cables made by @Forerunner.
picked up a new and in good condition front grille screen through craigs list.
This rig is slowly coming along!
going to make sure it runs and stop and that I can be seen. Drive it around a bit while working on the the body.

8B0F4F1C-2450-4DB8-9896-578224BFA5FF.jpeg

143C9B57-110D-46A7-82C6-FF52D59B1D54.jpeg

80D9CFC4-1BA1-4FAA-B64C-9E0518DF0CAD.jpeg

D62DA680-73E9-4C3F-8B01-63C4A793796D.jpeg

A0DDBD93-CEB1-47FD-AEF9-FCFD5C10D8EA.jpeg

DD579605-92AD-40DC-A051-09971B753206.jpeg

B70DC381-7C0B-40DE-BC6B-F026E9A7A1B0.jpeg

E2D61969-0F45-4095-A790-2CA3641920DB.jpeg

4BF299F7-1A3C-4054-94F0-FEF670E43EE8.jpeg

Use @GA Architect wiring diagram for the carb cooling fan. Works great! Thanks for the awesome thread @GA Architect !
Also Installed a stock carb from @BenjaminCA and ditched the Weber. Thanks again brother for the delivery!
Used some goodies from @ToyotaMatt for this project too. Awesome dude and great service!
I'm still buttoning up a few things. I need to figure out some of the vacuum lines for the choke and evap system.

2F0FA0EC-7D8A-40F4-A5AD-3A1F1B183398.jpeg

Did not know him, was at Ice House Resort when I pulled up and took the opportunity to take the photo. And the hood is off as a traditional 2nd day thing on the Rubicon. Everyone does it apparently. Actually I burnt up a Alternator the first day, get hot underhood temps (although it could be from bad wiring on the alternator killing the internal regulator on them). Luckily I carry a spare alternator so it was not a big deal. With my built intake I get much better Air Intake Temps than before along with both fans keep the engine cool but there is still a lot of heat created.

View attachment 2721245

View attachment 2721246

View attachment 2721247

View attachment 2721248

Looking good sir!! The like button just doesn't say Awesome enough!!
I am working on the family right now to drive the 40 to the Black Hills next week.. it's a 12 hour trip for us. But I still think it would be very cool to drive rather than trailer..

Looks pretty good I am going to need one of those soon

Where did you get the rocker from and how is the quality ?

I purchased it from real steel. To be honest the fitment was garbage. I normally don't have to replace the door contour piece so it's a straightforward replacement. I would recommend CCOT or someone else unless you enjoy making something you paid for work as it should. I have used real steel for other panels and they have been fine. These outer kick panels though miss the mark. Plus being $200 a side it was a hard pill to swallow. I refused to cut it out though.

Started down a well traveled path.

5DCE8E87-4F0F-4D6C-B87D-13B3B1BE3C48.jpeg

Showed it off a little....

View attachment 2721692
NICE! HMU next time you plan to head to Caffeine & Octane, we'll meet you there......Reminds me, I need to give my rig a good wash!

Oh, I've just been putting the miles on my 40. Did have a date night in it on Saturday. We went to the local Street Vendor outing at the Canton Mill, along with a few hours worth of 80's music from the "Gradian's of the Jukebox".

SKOS5219.JPG

Last edited:
NICE! HMU next time you plan to head to Caffeine & Octane, we'll meet you there......Reminds me, I need to give my rig a good wash!
I definitely will! That was our first time in months and slightly spontaneous. We showed up late and they let us in the main lot :)

Went back and blended the panel with additional metal to correct the door curve. Tested the door and it fit so truck is getting some mud then paint.

View attachment 2720787

Not the mud I was hoping to be playing in. So close yet so far away. Bondo game continues.

View attachment 2722025
ih8mud It’s the devil’s making… (not quite)

I hate to use any! I see that I could get good at it, but I have no desire to do enough to get good at it.

ih8mud It’s the devil’s making… (not quite)

I hate to use any! I see that I could get good at it, but I have no desire to do enough to get good at it.

I don’t use much at all. Most of it is just to cover the spot welds and blend. I overfill at these spots and sand it back. The skill of less to start with I have never gotten the hang of with panels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom