HJ75 Troopy air con compressor rubs on Radiator hose (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there, I have a little bit of an issue. This troopy is new to me and after I drove it a little, the radiator hose had a huge leak. after inspection, I noticed the radiator hose was rubbing on the air con compressor. I thought, I'll just get an original 1988 HJ75 hoes kit and the problem would be fixed. Today I installed the hose and there is no way this will work. The air con looks aftermarket, has B508XF02 written on the back. Do I just remove the air con and sweat it out, is there a different compressor I can get? Any help is highly appreciated. I've attached pictures of the compressor and where it rubs on the hose.
By the way, this is my first post, I'm a noobie!

Thank you!
Guido
IMG_0176.jpg
IMG_0177.jpg
IMG_0178.jpg
IMG_0179.jpg

i think the compressor is mounted wrong.

has to be moved to the other side of the mounting tabs on the bracket. that should pull it away from the hose, and allow you to use the front groove on the pulley.

just spit balling based on the first pic.

--r

has to be moved to the other side of the mounting tabs on the bracket. that should pull it away from the hose, and allow you to use the front groove on the pulley.

--r
Thank you, I was wondering about that. I'll see how I can remove the compressor and move it. Stay tuned.

--r
Agree with you but unfortunately it looks like the pulleys are aligned where they are. In other words they will be misaligned when he mounts it correctly - but like you I'm just going by the photos so could be wrong.

I think you are going to need a different compressor.

I thought the coolant came out of the engine and went to the top of the radiator. I think you have a 1HZ radiator.

1625139300319.png

Agree with you but unfortunately it looks like the pulleys are aligned where they are. In other words they will be misaligned when he mounts it correctly - but like you I'm just going by the photos so could be wrong.

I think you are going to need a different compressor.
thats what i was thinking too, then i noticed that the compressor bracket mounting bolts have slotted holes.

i think it'll work with some fiddling.

--r

Must be aftermarket. The factory one sits to the left (facing forward) of the thermostat housing
I agree, thank you! Is there any way I could get a picture of your HJ75 engine bay, so I can see as comparison?
All the best!

I thought the coolant came out of the engine and went to the top of the radiator. I think you have a 1HZ radiator.

View attachment 2718775
Dang, really? It is so hard, there are so few 70 series here in the US and there is not much information out there. This forum is amazing, thank you! So this picture is your H2 engine and radiator?

Borrowing the picture above I circled the factory ac

View attachment 2718872
Copy that! Thank you! I just found that image on the web. All that makes sense. I think I'll remove the aircon, get the rest of the engine bay in order and maybe bring the aircon back in the future. I don't really like air conditioning anyways.

Thank you so much!!

Is there any way I could get a picture of your HJ75 engine bay, so I can see as comparison?
Everything landcruiser is available on google images (almost)

I had it custom built in Australia to my specifications :)
Dang, That's awesome! Were you not able to fine an OEM one or did you need something specific? If you don't mind me asking?

Dang, That's awesome! Were you not able to fine an OEM one or did you need something specific? If you don't mind me asking?
if you want a long read you can read my build thread, I documented the why and how I had the radiator made.

Everything landcruiser is available on google images (almost)
I am learning that, it's just sometimes hard to tell if it's somebody's aftermarket stuff or if it's supposed to be that way. Seems like in the car world people make up their own stuff a lot! I wish I had a manual so I had something to go by...

if you want a long read you can read my build thread, I documented the why and how I had the radiator made.
Sweet! Thank you! I'll read it all. I am learning, so it'll be super informative!

Not a lot of help here... that is definitely an aftermarket AC compressor install. Very similar to the way they did it on my FJ75. That said, if your radiator was fed from the thermostat to the top of the rad it wouldn't be an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom