Different part # for '95 and up vs. '94 and earlier side mirrors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, I did a quick search on here before posting so apologies if this has already been discussed. I am looking to buy 2 OEM side mirrors for my 80. I looked on some OEM Toyota part sites and found some new ones (though they are a bit expensive). On the Toyota sites, it said that the mirrors would fit 1995 to 1997 model 80's......but I have a 1994, and it says they won't fit.

On most eBay ads, etc seller seem to state that the OEM mirrors are the same from 1990 to 1997. Is this true? Or are there minor differences?

If I need to go OEM used, I can look to hold out for mirrors from a 93/94 I guess just to be sure.....but would love to hear the experts' thoughts here......thanks!!

I am pretty sure they are the same for all the years. I just bought a PS mirror for our 97 LX450 and it happened that several weeks later my neighbor down the street who has a 91 FJ80 had his mirror damaged. I still had the housing of the old one I replaced and had him come by to see if we could mix and match parts to salvage his. The mirrors were the same on his as they were on mine so as long as you have electric mirrors they should be the same. Someone with more knowledge may chime in but this was my experience.

power mirrors are the same body. only colors are different. might be hard to find new

left
right

Last edited:
Thanks for the input! Should make my search easier knowing I don't have to worry much about model year. I am fine with used OEM mirrors as long as they work.

Rockauto has them pretty cheap new. They aren't color matched but you can have a paint store make some exact match spray paint for you.

Rockauto has them pretty cheap new. They aren't color matched but you can have a paint store make some exact match spray paint for you.
I appreciate the heads up. However, I'm attempting to restore the truck to stock....it already has some aftermarket (chrome) mirrors. But thanks anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom