RTH — Stubborn Brake Piston (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Victory! Thank you!
Now for the other side, as darkness falls across the land and the wild beasts come out to play...

View attachment 2716846
Oops, there’s something wrong with that last picture. I realized it when I did the other side, then checked my photographs and corrected the issue. Aside from the missing anti-rattle clip, which of the other side does have— what did I do wrong here? Or, if not wrong – – I could’ve done it better… Answer below...

The retaining spring's ends are in the wrong holes; they should be in the INSIDE holes, which makes things tighter.

8B8053D3-FF7E-4EE6-BB89-ED3AD5369A70.jpeg

Last edited:
One more note. One of the new pads would not fit vertically. Anywhere. Turned out the backing plate was misaligned, making the assembly too tall to fit. Had to pry it off and realign.

One of the other pads had the backing plate misaligned the other way, couldn’t get a pin through it. Had to pry off and realign. I’ve looked at three or four boxes of these pads and not one set has all four properly aligned. Is this common?

29EA2791-A0CF-4586-BEDA-33D73183233C.jpeg

73BEF77C-629B-41DA-ACAE-13380053D267.jpeg

Ah. Judging by the rust level I see (none) there may be a plane ticket involved.
Well, you're FROM Maine. Doesn't mean you're there now. (Or does it?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom