New to the FJ60 world, come share my pain (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So where are these puppies going to go?
New project ?
I know peter has that sweet 80 pick up truck going on.... is it going to go under it ?

What about you Joey ?

I miss my 5 speed....

It's going into Rumpleshank my DD. ultimately it's going to my son. But he turns 15 today so I have another year :D

Damn just read all 25 pages.. You have had an adventure with this rig.. Looks awesome.. Thinking about getting a 60 project. Hopefully I have better luck thank you.. As I dont have "unlimited funds" my credit with the "accountant" isnt as good as yours.. LOL!!!!:grinpimp:

So no more updates since last year??/

Damn just read all 25 pages.. You have had an adventure with this rig.. Looks awesome.. Thinking about getting a 60 project. Hopefully I have better luck thank you.. As I dont have "unlimited funds" my credit with the "accountant" isnt as good as yours.. LOL!!!!:grinpimp:

So no more updates since last year??/

Thanks and sorry no updates really since last year. I've been letting a friend drive it because she is car-less so not much happening there. Had an alternator go out but otherwise its been great.

Just a quick update since someone was just asking me about the truck. No its not currently for sale though I did entertain one that was pretty decent. Ultimately I said no. I really don't want to start the 60 process all over again. Gonna stick with this one and keep building it up. I have an upholsterer that will eventually be taking my cloth rear seats and redo them with new foam and leather to match the leather seats up front. Other than that not much else going on but I will need to get the AC working since the days are HOOOOOTTT!!

Hey Joey. Care to share that Upholstery dude ?
I have a set of FJ60 seats what I want done.....

He's kind of a pain to deal with because he has a psycho-ex that comes in all the time but I'll text you his info. Get the price up front and get him to stick to it. Works on mainly low riders and the like.

Thanks dude..!!

Check out Nacho on Victory Blvd in N Hollywood. Very old school. Good work, fair prices. He's. He did some work for me about 5 years ago, and he was about 120 years old then, so not sure if he's kicking.

New leathered rear bench seats

3854CD34-1D4B-4F8A-AD6B-93F63315B9AA.jpeg
59DAA7CC-13B1-4C7B-8A78-EDAD0861CC0F.jpeg
5AB99110-6CE6-45A2-8CE7-5C95877B7C28.jpeg

Originally I was going to use Dynamat like I did on my LX450 but I found this stuff called Peel And Seal from Lowe’s for $18/roll.

It’s the same aluminum covered iso-butyl rubber as everything else. It’s a little thinner than Dynamat but it’s the same s*** so fawk it! Actually I like the fact that it’s a skinny roll. Soooo much easier to roll on and install than the wider stuff.

Here you can see what one roll of the stuff will do. I can definitely do the entire truck floor with four rolls

BTW, I’ve read the comments about summer heat, hardening, vertical surfaces, off gassing. I’m still going to guinea pig myself.
034EEF52-1F49-41C3-8D58-849822B1041B.jpeg
90EF7C8A-DF68-4ED6-8895-03CB58E2F3D8.jpeg
0B7EA89F-7FE0-4C5D-9AC5-B1BD7ED8E2D7.jpeg
0CA659E7-3175-486E-84EB-CD8026A8C7B5.jpeg
EFDD982B-0BB4-4B02-9121-267898D1EDC4.jpeg

cool, been waiting for someone to do the dynacheap route. Let us know how she blasts down the road!
Only thing holding me back, is the fact that i would not be able to see and control the rust situation anymore.

I used that stuff (or a similar tar mat from HD) on my 60. It's under the carpet so I can't tell that it's even there.

The drone from the 2 chamber flowmaster at 75 negates any abilities it has lol.

The past year has kicked my ass. Between moving to another state, the fires, my wife’s horrible health ordeal and other nonsense…I’ve decided to sell the 60. Unfortunately the medical bills are preventing Wits’ End from moving forward. I have a few vehicles and right now I think it’s best to let the 60 go to someone else who would be able to enjoy it more than I will.

I have a bunch of stuff I want to do to it to make it as complete as possible for the next owner. Sure it’ll cost me more to do so but whatever, It’ll just make my asking price climb 😜

I’ll be posting the status and what I’ve been doing to it before it gets handed to the new owner. Whoever that winds up being.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom