Wanted Looking for a SM420 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a sm420, Had 3rd gear replaced in mine(broke 2 teeth off), put it back in and it’s not going to 3rd at all without grinding. Looking for one in good shape, so I don’t miss cruising this summer with the kids. In the Cincinnati tri-state area on the Indiana side. Thanks Ryan

I have sent you a PM as well. I have a granny manual transmission mated to an NP205, with the bell housing, from a Chevy pickup, but I'm not certain if the transmission is a 420 or a 465. Hopefully you can tell from the pics.

Also, I'm located 50 minutes west of Philadelphia.

Chevy Tranny and Transfer - 1.jpg
Chevy Tranny and Transfer - 2.jpg

Looks to be a 465, full circle bellhousing and a 205 wouldn’t come behind a 420. Appreciate it though!

This should be an easy find???Did you try local tranny shops?? I have a 465. bought it for $50 at a pick and pull auto salvage ....
Most truck would make the jump to a 465 a 420 is very old tranny.

Looking for a sm420, Had 3rd gear replaced in mine(broke 2 teeth off), put it back in and it’s not going to 3rd at all without grinding. Looking for one in good shape, so I don’t miss cruising this summer with the kids. In the Cincinnati tri-state area on the Indiana side. Thanks Ryan
I have one with a 3 speed bellhousing 3 speed transfer case that I pulled out of my 40 a few months ago. Shoot me a text if you still need one. I’m in Oklahoma.
405-641-0108

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom