What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Happening....

Screenshot_20210622-103939~2.png

Screenshot_20210622-103910~2.png

Please forgive my lack of any reasonable smarts.....but, waht? Lol...
You cut away that piece shown above in the photo and it allows you to shift the transfer case into low while still in 2wd. You get the benefits of the super low gearing in a situation where 4wd isn’t needed

Yeah, it is just a bracket that limits the shifter travel. There is a write up in the tech mods section. Fun easy mod. It will go with no gas like 4L but in 2. I have considered using it as an anti-theft device!
It works great offroad with tight turns and where you might not need all 4.

60-series FAQ "popular mods section"​

link

Yeah, it is just a bracket that limits the shifter travel. There is a write up in the tech mods section. Fun easy mod. It will go with no gas like 4L but in 2. I have considered using it as an anti-theft device!
It works great offroad with tight turns and where you might not need all 4.

60-series FAQ "popular mods section"​

link
It's a worth while mod, but shifting into 4-Lo without locking in the hubs will suffice in a pinch. Most times I have found, I don't need more traction, just lower gears. Great for boat ramps, trailer parking, rough sections, and teaching youngun's to drive.

Completely redid the cooling system among other things not too long ago. Still showed it ran warm with the A/C on at idle. While driving, the gauge would lower to the middle. I installed an auto meter gauge and put the temp sensor in the upper radiator hose. Proof that the factory gauge is inaccurate.

I let it idle with the A/C on for about 20 min, drove it 5 miles, then let it idle in the driveway while I cleaned up the garage. Factory gauge shows just over 3/4, auto meter shows 190ish, but it did go up to about 205 or so. Ambient temp is about 112 today. It’s a huge relief to know it’s not actually running warm.

0F8E6136-224B-4DC1-8B97-7193A29E2D8F.jpeg

It's a worth while mod, but shifting into 4-Lo without locking in the hubs will suffice in a pinch. Most times I have found, I don't need more traction, just lower gears. Great for boat ramps, trailer parking, rough sections, and teaching youngun's to drive.
Yeah, I went to Grandfather mountain a few weeks back and wanted to take the fam to the peak. It was so crowded there was a stop and go line of traffic all the way to the top. Hubs were unlocked and I used 4low second gear all the way up. One way to save the clutch!

I've been noticing a little oil seepage where the FF axle flange meets the hub. Couple of days ago I checked the torque on the flange nuts and all were loose and on both axles. So I tightened them, cleaned them and added a glob of torque check paste for a quick reference if the nuts begin to back out again. I have my doubts this paste will last long-term being exposed to dirt, gravel, mud, sand, etc.

IMG_6446.JPG

Sunday while attending our ham club's annual Field Day, I noticed some fuel leaking. I found a split/hole in the line running to the fuel filter. So, I repaired it.

FJ60 fuel leak.jpg

Installed new set of 255/85/16 Geolanders and @cruiserinsanity helped out. The old Geolanders were beginning to struggle in the mud (but not in this particular mud hole). Used the 80 as the support vehicle for hauling tires back and forth from the shop.

IMG_6450.JPG
IMG_6452.JPG
IMG_6448.JPG
IMG_6424.JPG

Went camping for the first time in maybe 15 years. Drove 30 mph up and over Wolf Creek Pass before turning south east toward Elwood Cabin. Really makes you think hard about doing a V8 conversion.
Elwood_cabin_Colorado.jpeg
The road back down the hill from Elwood Pass to Pagosa Springs along the east fork of the San Juan is just a little rough for the first 6-7 miles. In the end it was just nice to have the truck out doing what it was meant to be doing.

Took the FJ60 for a smog check after installing all the missing smog components when I purchased it. Need to thank @orangefj45 for sending me that downpipe I needed and Joe Rawson for sending me a few smog components that where missing.
now off to CHP for a VIN check!
and hopefully have it plated and legal for CA.

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom