SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They all have it. They have to.

Thank you. Found it. I assume the other process is same - turn on the electronics but not engine, press the button until a message appears on the display and then turn off off the car. Wonder if it worked; no way to test other than letting air out of one of the tires I guess....?

Thank you. Found it. I assume the other process is same - turn on the electronics but not engine, press the button until a message appears on the display and then turn off off the car. Wonder if it worked; no way to test other than letting air out of one of the tires I guess....?

This might help:

TPMS2_Reset_18JAN18_zps8pwuusr9.jpg

HTH

Thanks. I followed those instructions. No real confirmation other than manually lowering tire pressure I guess. There is no readout that indicates what the trigger point is. Why can’t we just manually set a pressure value rather than have it check current pressure and then set to 0.8x?

Thanks. I followed those instructions. No real confirmation other than manually lowering tire pressure I guess. There is no readout that indicates what the trigger point is. Why can’t we just manually set a pressure value rather than have it check current pressure and then set to 0.8x?

The "trigger pressure" for the system is 75% of the specified inflation pressure used when initializing the system. Door jamb RCTIP is 33psi, set tires to 33psi, initialize TPMS @33psi, alarm "triggers" at approx. 25psi.

You can fool the system to "trigger" at any pressure you want - just set all tires to 1.333 times the desired trigger point, then reset to your desired CTIP.

HTH

I seem to recall a place in Techstream where you can change the set point. Has anyone else seen that, or am I remembering incorrectly?

I seem to recall a place in Techstream where you can change the set point. Has anyone else seen that, or am I remembering incorrectly?

I've never seen that, but I'm no Techstream savant, so...

But in actuality, evert time you initialize the TPMS you are changing the set point (if by "set point" you mean the pressure at which the low pressure alarm triggers).

For example:

Suppose your RCTIP is 40psi. When you initialize your TPMS with all tires set to 40psi, you are establishing the set point as 75% of 40psi or 30psi.

But what if you are uncomfortable running your tires potentially as low as 30psi and want the TPMS to trigger an alarm at 36psi instead of 30psi? Just TEMPORARILY inflate all tires to 48psi instead of 40psi. Initialize your TPMS with the tires at 48psi and you have changed your set point to 36psi. Now adjust all your tires back down to 40psi and you are running your tires at the RCTIP, but your TPMS will trigger an alarm at 36psi instead of 30psi.

So... even if Techstream had such a "set point adjustment" for the TPMS, I see no particular need for it when there is such an easy workaround.

HTH

Here is my stupid question. Is the 2nd row supposed to latch in the up position. So I flip the seats up so I can carry something large in the cargo area, when I drive they just seem to bounce around. Seems like they should latch but I'm not sure if they need to be slid all the way back before they are folded up. I know, RTFM, but I didn't.

Thanks
Rob

Here is my stupid question. Is the 2nd row supposed to latch in the up position. So I flip the seats up so I can carry something large in the cargo area, when I drive they just seem to bounce around. Seems like they should latch but I'm not sure if they need to be slid all the way back before they are folded up. I know, RTFM, but I didn't.

Thanks
Rob
Not really. There are straps with hooks built into them for holding the second row forward when folded. The hooks attach to the grab handles. They are located under the seat bottom.

Thanks
Rob
There is a strap attached/rolled up inside the bottom of the seat. when it’s flipped up you can access it and attach to the grab handle in order to secure it in place.

Not really. There are straps with hooks built into them for holding the second row forward when folded. The hooks attach to the grab handles. They are located under the seat bottom.

Thank you! I will go look for those right now!

Right next to where the strap/hook rolls up there are a couple of cover plates with nothing underneath them. Do they have any use?

Right next to where the strap/hook rolls up there are a couple of cover plates with nothing underneath them. Do they have any use?
Pull those plates off and snap them onto the floor board to cover up the seat anchors 👍

When having a new tire installed on a Rock Warrior wheel do the deadlocks have to all be removed? Thanks!

When having a new tire installed on a Rock Warrior wheel do the deadlocks have to all be removed? Thanks!

Many will say no, but Toyota says yes.

They do not need to come off. I’d say good luck getting them off even if you wanted if they haven’t been off in a while or ever..

Why does the sunroof automatically opens to only 90%? I have to manually hold it to get to 100%.

Why does the sunroof automatically opens to only 90%? I have to manually hold it to get to 100%.

Appears to be for wind noise or "buffeting"

From the LX manual:

■To reduce moon roof wind noise
Drive with the moon roof at first opened position (just before fully opened position).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom