Builds 1978 FJ40 Mustard Yellow - almost perfect thread. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No worries - was just curious because you were doing all the work. I’ve done all the combos as well, just don’t like the 3:73s off road so the H55 makes more sense with 4:11s. If you’re not taking it on the rocks that setup is perfect. Both transmissions are clunky as hell to be fair, but it adds to the tractor vibe :hillbilly:

No worries - was just curious because you were doing all the work. I’ve done all the combos as well, just don’t like the 3:73s off road so the H55 makes more sense with 4:11s. If you’re not taking it on the rocks that setup is perfect. Both transmissions are clunky as hell to be fair, but it adds to the tractor vibe :hillbilly:
No rocks in Florida or for Mustard. The tan 45 on the other hand…..

@jmlockwood and @wngrog it's been an absolute pleasure working with you guys, as always. I'll be putting another smaller care package together for you on Monday, will touch base to confirm what all is needed before we ship. Looking forward to seeing the finished project!

Georg
Valley Hybrids

Teaser …….

B285A13D-9F91-40FB-9ED9-31B97C7513DC.jpeg

So, I'm not sure if I already shared this, but I thought I would let @jmlockwood know I chatted with the original owners and shared with them all the great updates you've made to their beloved cruiser. Also gave them the link to this thread.

They are over the moon with all you have done!

They're very happy to see that you are making it amazing!
Here is a quote from part of our conversation...

"Thank you, so much, Angelo. That looks amazing! We have wondered about the old cruiser. So glad It's in such a good place. Thank you for the update."

Just wanted you to know...

@thecrazygreek man that’s so good to hear! This Cruiser means the world to me. So many great memories with it. We are going to warp speed once @FJ60Cam gets us the engine. I promised @wngrog a ride in my new 45 so now he is coming to pick up Mustard pretty soon. Also, @wngrog is sitting on a lot more fun stuff.

Love the details and all the new parts. This thing is going to be a real beauty. Curious what is special about the new city racer hubs vs. the OEM hubs?

The donor axle was crusty AF. These are nice and clean…..

So City Racer manufactures those?

Cheers

You would have to ask @Racer65 but it’s says aftermarket on his site. It’s the kind of thing Roger would have made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom