My 78 Series Troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That intercooler system is an absolute thing of beauty.

I'm still stuck watching my right foot up the hills.

1hz mate?

Thanks buddy I'm stoked with it, I haven't been out on the motorway yet but it seems to have dropped the egt's around town.

From zero cup holders to five....I need more hands!!

132066589_3533105993450217_5485861036492111_o.jpg

Hello,

Looking good.

Now your truck has way more cup holders than differential lockers. Something very rare on a 70 Series.

Juan

Haha, 2 diff locks and 2 cup holders here!

I would love one of those center consoles but I can’t give up the passenger swivel seat. It was such a pain to shoehorn in there I don’t want to even consider not using it.

Hello,

Looking good.

Now your truck has way more cup holders than differential lockers. Something very rare on a 70 Series.

Juan

Thanks mate, I have 1 rear diff lock maybe one day I can afford a second (if I stop spending money on other stuff haha)

Haha, 2 diff locks and 2 cup holders here!

I would love one of those center consoles but I can’t give up the passenger swivel seat. It was such a pain to shoehorn in there I don’t want to even consider not using it.

Those swivel seats are like gold dust mate, good find..

I put one in there from a VW T5. It wasn’t the best one to start with due to holes lining up with swivel lock points but it was the lowest one I could find.
Ya nice mate, my bed setup in the back wouldn't allow for that unfortunately.

Oi! Mate, where did you get the beautiful centre console from with actual CUPHOLDERS??? lol... I NEED that for my 76.... BADLY! It is the one thing I keep wishing I had!

Love the attention you put into this troopy, looks great!! One other question, how did you get the intercooler to fit??? :oops: What intercooler did you use? I have the CT26 in my rig, but no intercooler as of yet....

Oi! Mate, where did you get the beautiful centre console from with actual CUPHOLDERS??? lol... I NEED that for my 76.... BADLY! It is the one thing I keep wishing I had!

Love the attention you put into this troopy, looks great!! One other question, how did you get the intercooler to fit??? :oops: What intercooler did you use? I have the CT26 in my rig, but no intercooler as of yet....

Thanks mate....

Centre console was custom made as they make them for the newer V8's, their regular console usually finish after the second round cup holder but you can add another piece around the sticks.. Department of Interior (Sydney)

Cooler is from PDI, it's a major stuff around to fit as you have to relocate air con etc, I'm guessing you have a 1HZ? I'm pretty sure they have kits for them too.

Thanks mate....

Centre console was custom made as they make them for the newer V8's, their regular console usually finish after the second round cup holder but you can add another piece around the sticks.. Department of Interior (Sydney)

Cooler is from PDI, it's a major stuff around to fit as you have to relocate air con etc, I'm guessing you have a 1HZ? I'm pretty sure they have kits for them too.
Aye, I have the 1HZ, and looking at the PDI site, they are dealing with the V diesels for the most part. It makes sense now how you got an intercooler in the front if you moved the condenser out of there, you are basically replacing it with the intercooler.

I checked with DOI and they only start doing those consoles for 2007 and newer 76's (mine is a 2002) so I guess I will have to custom build one myself.... when I can find the time!!! :bang:

Shipping from AU to CA has gotten CRAZY as well!! Thanks for the reply and the links to the suppliers... at the very least it is giving me some ideas!! Cheers mate! :beer:

Aye, I have the 1HZ, and looking at the PDI site, they are dealing with the V diesels for the most part. It makes sense now how you got an intercooler in the front if you moved the condenser out of there, you are basically replacing it with the intercooler.

I checked with DOI and they only start doing those consoles for 2007 and newer 76's (mine is a 2002) so I guess I will have to custom build one myself.... when I can find the time!!! :bang:

Shipping from AU to CA has gotten CRAZY as well!! Thanks for the reply and the links to the suppliers... at the very least it is giving me some ideas!! Cheers mate! :beer:
Aircon is still there mate, just had to move a couple of line etc to make way for the cooler pipes. It's a good unit, definitely dropped my ego's by a bit.

Ya I can imagine shipping would be hectic, if you're on the 70 Series Landcruiser group, search for consoles, some guys have made awesome ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom