craigslist 1978 fj40 -(hayward castro valley) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Not mine $22,000

For sale 1978 fj40 in very nice original condition. Just needs paint.need to sell My loss your win. Only 60k original miles

00o0o_gvM1yiqxxyVz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

00Q0Q_g8WBIUsqygqz_0d80eS_1200x900.jpg

00X0X_6fzB5DMCLTmz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

00101_j53Emfji4DAz_0dm0sU_1200x900.jpg

01616_5eSq9q4Y9Q8z_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

more

00l0l_9L6NkQSPv4lz_0dm0gL_1200x900.jpg

Not sure what they're doing now but that won't pass smog for anyone here in CA
So everywhere in CA is the same for regulations? I know here in NV, if I go up to Minden or Carson City it's easier than Vegas.

So everywhere in CA is the same for regulations? I know here in NV, if I go up to Minden or Carson City it's easier than Vegas.

No, but very few areas don't have any smog and you have to have an address in the county to register it there.

So I guess if you live in one of those you're good but for the vast majority it won't work

What is everyone’s consensus on this truck? Good deal?
Hard to tell the quality of the repairs from the photos. Looks fairly clean minus all the red painted bits and missing smog equipment.

I’d like to see it down at the $16k mark based on all the work it still needs (paint, tires/suspension, badges, smog, etc)

I am thinking about making an offer? Does anyone live near this truck that would want to check it out for me?? I am located in NY so would love some local help if possible.

@ nickb876

i am the owner of this fj40. If you have any questions you can email me. I will be more then happy to answer any questions you have if your interested. I got tagged in here so i decided to just sign up. Its pretty cool. Its like a family here. Thanks everybody. The price for the fj is $19,000 . It is missing alot of emmition parts that we can discuss on email but it does have a bunch of new parts on it as well. That i did not add on description , and for the red painted parts, it was previous owners likes. You can spray paint that black or any color you would like. I was going to
Paint it black but havnt had time to mess with it due to work. As for the paint. I cant tell you whats its like under the primer because i didnt sand it nor fix it. But i would see previous owner outside his house everyday sanding and messing with it. I can send you all the pictures you want. Runs super healthy. Starts right up. Has brand new carburator. Brand new clutch brand new brakes,seats, carpet fresh done.new headliner etc. previous owner was an older gentlemen that would work on it everyday . Never took it out to the mud. He just wanted to fix it up nice. It was his hobby. But he wanted to do it all himself . But he told me he couldnt do it no more. That his back was killing him so to take it out his garage lol. I got a pretty good deal
On it so im giving i think at a good deal compared to all thes other ones i see. It all greased up. Bearings etc. no leaks. Brand new rebuilt radiator. He pulled out the tank and got that cleaned out also. new windsheild wiper motor. All
Guages work.

Thank you guys for all your opinions and support. Fj40 Just sold right now. I will for sure get another one in my future. Sad to
Let it go but on to different moves in life. Wish you guys the best and good luck
With everthing. Thank you guys for looking👍🏼

For future reference, did it sell to an out of state buyer, and if you don't mind what was the sale price?

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom