87 HJ61: This light turns on when its raining. What is it and what does it mean? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG-2923.jpg

As you can see, the text is faded. I tried googling for HJ61 Dashes and none turned up with legible text.

When it rains this turns on. I do not know what it means and would appreciate any insight.

Thank you

For my truck, that’s the glow light. Though not sure why it would illuminate when it rains.
On a side note, does your oil pressure always read that low at idle? My 2H does the same but I was about to start digging in further to see if there is a problem.

I thought i read about the same issue on another post on a 61. They said possibly water in the fuel. Check your fuel filters? Not sure if that light has multiple meanings but 12ht doesn't have glow plugs just glow screen, but that only comes on in cold temps below freezing.

Edit: you posted that thread.. guess you are still looking for answers

Last edited:
That green connector in the first picture is the watertemp sensor (right side of the engine looking forward) which activates the glow screen. Maybe check that or the relays? Might be sending bad info when they get wet.

20190101_192017.jpg
20190101_170011.jpg

For my truck, that’s the glow light. Though not sure why it would illuminate when it rains.
On a side note, does your oil pressure always read that low at idle? My 2H does the same but I was about to start digging in further to see if there is a problem.
Its always that low. I check oil routinely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom