What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (56 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PO was a sloppy coffee drinker and chain smoker. Finally got the smoke smell out and all the coffee stains out. The Smoke Choker did a good job

PO was a sloppy coffee drinker and chain smoker. Finally got the smoke smell out and all the coffee stains out. The Smoke Choker did a good job
On the advice of a member on another forum, I have used an Ozone machine to get rid of smoke smells from my car. That machine worked wonders!!

Finished installing a replacement LCD and the GROM vLine in the LX. Took a few tries to get the ribbon cable seated behind the LCD panel. BT audio quality is awesome with the GROM. Just have to figure out how to get the phone calls to go through this unit and also get some more apps installed.
Can you show a pic of replacement?

Can you show a pic of replacement?
Here you go..before & after pictures

IMG_1010_HEIC-X2.jpg

IMG_1282-X2.jpg

IMG_1284-X2.jpg

I installed a new OEM steering rack in my 300k+ mile rig. While I was in there, I also replaced the original motor mounts and transmission mount, the oil cooler to block (figure 8) seal, which was completely flattened and was weeping oil, the oil cooler coolant hoses, etc. I was a greasy mess, but my rig feels like it's brand new! It tracks great and there is so much less vibration.

I ordered the rack from Salinas Toyota for a great price with free shipping.

New shoes! The old ST Maxx were extremely loud and rough with 45k miles on them so I replaced them with General Grabber ATX. I had to change tire size and go with a 285/75R16 since there are no AT's in a 255/85R16 which I had been running.
1623253284388.png

Definitely trying to get caught up! Send me a message if you need me to check on anything for you!
Its delivered, thanks for the follow up. Placed another, I'm testing your new inventory system :cool:

Scraped a lot of CV goop off my LCAs. My suspension should work better without all that unsprung weight.
I also finally changed the heater Ts. It wasn’t as bad of a job as some of you guys make it out to be, but having the right kind of pliers for those clamps makes a huge difference. One of the Ts broke when removing it!

F066AA13-D4C1-4879-94A4-BD8E5CBE51D5.jpeg

9459E343-66FB-4009-AAAF-BC5F38AFD397.jpeg

Does anyone have any use for my old steering rack that I just removed? I didn't have to pay a core charge, so I don't have to send it back. It's probably not worth shipping, but if anyone local (Boise) wants it then let me know.

Well time to eat crow. 2-3 months ago I installed Autozone Duralast Gold cv axles in my 100 series. First camping trip went great, no issues. This last trip, as soon as I got home I heard the infamous CV axle pop, pop, pop. Has gotten progressively worse over the last couple weeks. Ordered a Cardone HD axle and replaced the driver side. Noise completely gone. Got my money back from Autozone. Took 30-40 mins of work. Lesson learned and the boys here at Ih8mud were 100% right.

It’s a small thing that makes a huge difference. Nice job!
I wanted to update the bulb to Lasfit switchbacks. But didn’t want to dump a hundo into bad lenses. Less than 10 bones and 15 minutes. Whammo! Ima wait 90 days see how they hold up. I have more pressing suspension matters to address. I don’t drive much in the dark anyway!😂

Well time to eat crow. 2-3 months ago I installed Autozone Duralast Gold cv axles in my 100 series. First camping trip went great, no issues. This last trip, as soon as I got home I heard the infamous CV axle pop, pop, pop. Has gotten progressively worse over the last couple weeks. Ordered a Cardone HD axle and replaced the driver side. Noise completely gone. Got my money back from Autozone. Took 30-40 mins of work. Lesson learned and the boys here at Ih8mud were 100% right.
The Cardone will be popping in 10k miles or less 😂

Getting her ready for summer vacation trip.

Got new leather from land cruiser heaven being installed.
50B5AAC8-3058-4BD4-958D-27F009AF3BEB.jpeg

Gonna give the carpet a shampoo.
Added some horsepower for the trip
35D1F074-D7C0-4986-807F-2F899F66321E.jpeg
16EF549A-EC72-4617-AC1D-3466DB9FE822.jpeg

Had my tech do a quick oil change and quick overall bill of health.
I had noticed some vibrations from what felt like the driver side.
D2F6BF4C-7FFB-45E8-8696-42F64533658A.jpeg
Everything looked dry. This boot came from.
CVJ Axles - CV Axles & Steering Racks for all your needs - https://www.cvjreman.com/ and has held up really well over the past year
6197291A-B50C-491B-8F07-77D51D502C14.jpeg
Naturally. Time to do this side. Not sure if axle is shot or not. Good times.

Worlds worst picture. My attempt with grease covered hands tp snap a shot of the grease sliding past the slip yoke. After reading pages and pages of the differing opinions, I hit all the fittings on the drivetrain two weeks ago, and the slip yokes with just enough grease just until they moved. After letting the grease soak in for two weeks I went back today and put in grease until new grease came out of the slip yoke (it took a LOT). Then I relieved the pressure at the fitting which did burp grease on the front,, but not rear. Thx for the encouragement to do this MUD!

20210610_120251.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom