What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (34 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Greased the spindle bearings, using Slee sled tool. Checked my preload while I was there.
Also installed some Energy Suspension bump stocks to the fronts. Hint get a 8 mm Allen socket for easy install.

I will say the old ones were shot. Looks like one completely disappeared. Did it disintegrate?
Lol, yes I still need to replace the fourth one. Unfortunately the 45G LRA tank kinda blocks the access to frame side mount for the left upper control arm. So now I need to partially drop the tank to replace it 😒

Ditched my center console arm rest cover that had 245k on it. thing was looking rough. Slapped on a new Lseat that was only 20 bucks shipped.
My latch for said upper console was also broken, and found a guy online that sells them from junk yards for like 15 bucks (rumor has it you cannot buy just the latch button for these...entire cover assembly must be purchased). so that worked out great.

before.jpg

new.jpg

Finally got to install the new Slee dual battery/compressor box/mount/whatever its called along with a new power steering fluid res. and one of the hoses due to age and cracks from being 23 years old. The second will be done shortly. Now to go back and swap the battery I got for another as this one is a bit too large for the box. Oh the fun of going back to a parts store and hearing "what year make and model car is it for" followed by the blank stare that comes from. I need one with these deminsions and at least this CCA...Anyone else tired of dealing with "parts guys" that don't seem to be able to think...when a customer says "its not factory".

Uhhhhh "I don't have that in the computer"....

Finishing up drying the carpet after an aggressive cleaning and rinsing. When my kids were littke, we bought a Fisher-Price Nursery Heater. After they grew up, I learned the heater worked great for drying automobile carpet after wetting it for cleaning. I used a Bissel Pro extractor to remove most of the water before turning on the dryer. Normally the carpet will dry after a couple of days in hot summer sun with the windows open. This year it rains to often to let it dry from natural heat. Noting raindrops on the window.

I think we bought the heater in 1990. If it ever stopped working, I would be looking to replace it for the garage.

1623067736265.png

1623068234368.png

I installed a Bush Company 270 degree awning and moved my gas jerry cans back to the driver’s side. I go back and forth between there and the back swing arm. I don’t exactly like either location. Maybe a Long Range America additional tank would solve this drama.

1623086233852.jpeg

1623086261040.jpeg

1623086298780.jpeg

And I built a bracket:
1623086403012.jpeg

After dreading chasing down the water leak in the rear of our 99 LX, I think I located and repaired it.

The black foam gasket was gone, other than a black ring on the light.
DD7F5DD9-8713-4A6E-AD21-4DCFBAFDCBD7.jpeg

Dirty, but no evidence of foam or adhesive.
2D5A98D3-2C53-4EDD-83DF-CE45134AB197.jpeg

Cleaned up with a damp paper towel.
A82E8537-F326-40C9-BAF0-4BB559182B24.jpeg

Shiny new 3rd brake light, with an actual foam gasket, installed in less than 5 minutes.
2BFD2CAA-9930-4953-BCCA-186D0976CD19.jpeg

Edited to add: I took it through a “touchless” high pressure car wash today, and it was bone dry in the back. I now feel a whole lot more comfortable with reinstalling the rear drawers.

Last edited:
Lol, yes I still need to replace the fourth one. Unfortunately the 45G LRA tank kinda blocks the access to frame side mount for the left upper control arm. So now I need to partially drop the tank to replace it 😒
Thanks for sharing the reason. That is something to think about if anyone is thinking of adding a long range fuel tank to their 100 with older/deteriorating upper control arm bushings.

Thanks for sharing it, LRA is in order supposed to arrive this month
Thanks for sharing the reason. That is something to think about if anyone is thinking of adding a long range fuel tank to their 100 with older/deteriorating upper control arm bushings.

Ditched my center console arm rest cover that had 245k on it. thing was looking rough. Slapped on a new Lseat that was only 20 bucks shipped.
My latch for said upper console was also broken, and found a guy online that sells them from junk yards for like 15 bucks (rumor has it you cannot buy just the latch button for these...entire cover assembly must be purchased). so that worked out great.

View attachment 2697008

View attachment 2697010

Looks great. I can't find that on their website. Can you send a link? Seems like a steal.

View attachment 2697008

View attachment 2697010
Am I mis-reading that or are you saying that the left front seat skin in the picture next to your new console cover was only $20? If so they look great and I would love to know where to find them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom