Wheel and Tire suggestions for my 1976 FJ40. just finishing up. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
HI Guys, My 1976 FJ40 has 16 " welded wheels with disk brakes.
Im looking for wheel and tire suggestions.

IMG_1290.jpeg

HI Guys, My 1976 FJ40 has 16 " welded wheels with disk brakes.
Im looking for wheel and tire suggestions.

If you want to stay with 16" wheels and don't mind the cost, City Racer's wheels would be my first choice:

16" Wheels / Rims for Land Cruiser FJ40 FJ45 FJ55 FJ60 - https://www.cityracerllc.com/products/16-wheel-for-toyota-land-cruiser-fj40-fj45-fj60-70-series

For quite a bit less cost, the stock 15" steel wheels are still available at Toyota dealers and are a popular choice.

Both of these accept the stock hub caps for the traditional look. If you want something less traditional, the sky's the limit.

As for tires, most guys run some form of AT or MT tire. 10.5x33x15 are possibly the most common/popular choice for the stock 15" wheels, if you have a lift installed. You'll have more size choices with 16" wheels.

Which 16-inch wheels are you running? I can't tell from the photo. On my '86 FJ60 I'm running the 70-Series 16-inch wheels with BFG LT235/85R16 ATs. They are about 32 inches tall. I like the tall skinny look, and it suits the type of driving I do. I think that tire size is about the maximum you could go on an FJ40 without a lift. The BFG 30X9.50R15 ATs look good on my pretty much stock '76 FJ40, a little taller than the original tire size.

What exactly are you looking for in your new wheel/tire combination? Are you looking for stock look or are you wanting something totally different.

BFG makes the best AT tire, and a very good MT tire. I think almost everyone can agree BFG is one of the best tire choices

BFG KO2 for all terrain

BFG KM3 for mud terrain

All terrain is better for city driving, mud terrain is better off-road. If you don’t plan on going off-roading a lot, I would suggest sticking with BFG KO2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom