Whats everyone using for upgraded sway bars now? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rather than disconnecting your swaybars for wheeling, check out these links. With a bit of tinkering and different brackets I'm sure they could be made to work on an 80. The links have a piston inside that is normally locked. When going offroad, simply twist the blue cap and it unlocks the piston, giving the links full range of motion with the axle.

Lots of pictures in action: Login • Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/apexdesignsusa/

29XVXYEh.jpg
I like it. It is functionally the same as Toyota's KDSS on the 200 series.

In case anyone is still looking to get some Whiteline's they have them at really good prices and free shipping at RCA. Just picked up both front and rear and eagerly tracking my order.

Rear:

Front:

We still have 3 sets in stock as well :cool:

For street driving would changing the stock ones out for these make a noticeable difference ? Current setup is 2.5”ome w 35’s

In case anyone is still looking to get some Whiteline's they have them at really good prices and free shipping at RCA. Just picked up both front and rear and eagerly tracking my order.

Rear:

Front:
Thanks for that info. Just ordered!

Well the difference with just the rear white line sway bar is nothing short of amazing.

Special thanks to @Delta VS for suggesting it. I dig anything Delta and supper appreciate the input,as always.

Also thanks to @LandCruiserPhil for his straight forward common sense post in this thread about keeping the stock front sway bar and the logic behind it!

The install was super straight forward :banana:except for where it connects to the links. The new sway bar is much heavier duty and the ends are squared off compared to the factory sway bar which are rounded.

I originally installed it and realized it would need to articulate freely so I removed the links drop the bar and got out the grinder and results turned out perfect.

I'm driving a whole new rig with just that rear sway bar it is absolutely amazing!!!

Rock on Mud :flipoff2:

Screenshot_20210602-142028.png

Screenshot_20210602-142449.png

Screenshot_20210602-142040.png

Last edited:
Well the difference with just the rear white line sway bar is nothing short of amazing.

Special thanks to @Delta VS for suggesting it. I dig anything Delta and supper appreciate the input,as always.

The install was super straight forward :banana:except for where it connects to the links. The new sway bar is much heavier duty and the ends are squared off compared to the factory sway bar which are rounded.

I originally installed it and realized it would need to articulate freely so I removed the links drop the bar and got out the grinder and results turned out perfect.

I'm driving a whole new rig with just that rear sway bar it is absolutely amazing!!!

View attachment 2692604

View attachment 2692606
Out of curiosity what lift and tires size u running?

Out of curiosity what lift and tires size u running?
Dobinson 3" heavy (floor to fender flare rear 41" front 40")
C59-170 front springs
C59-171 rear springs

BFG ATKO2 315/75/16

View attachment 2692604

View attachment 2692606
looks like you would benefit from a set of those @LandCruiserPhil rear swaybar links too!

Last edited:
Got the Rock-Jock by Currie- Antirock SwayBar.
Full custom install, it works well, definite improvement over running no sway bar for the last 5 years. It's still not a sports Car and still drives like a lifted 4x4 on 39s ;)
The big surprise is I am see a bigger improvement off road in off camber situations (way more stable, cup of Jell-o felling gone) then on the street.🤷‍♂️
1622727606430.png

1622727665099.png

I cut holes through the frame using a template I made and the plasma cutter.
1622727835020.png

Pipe in ready to weld
1622728522493.png

Bushing and torsion bar installed/tested before full burn in.
1622728708805.png

Modified arms
1622728801653.png

and Links.
1622728891684.png

And tabs welded to the axle.
1622728988226.png

Some flex shots
1622729106118.png

1622729163090.png

Sweet part is there is no low hanging fruit to get hung up on the rocks, everything is tucked up out of harms way. ;)
I well be fully testing it a the Rubithon Run in a few weeks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom