1992 surf 2lte (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m new to Toyota and my surf has been awesome so far, however:

when starting cold in the morning or after sitting all day at work the engine runs real
Rough and misfires. Once it’s warmer and I’m driving. It runs flawlessly.

supposedly it has:

new injectors, glow plugs( I will be checking glow plugs this weekend)
New head gasket ( was told it has the 3lte head)
new waterpump
New timing belt
New batteries
Egr deleted

Just hoping one for some ideas of what I should be checking. Or maybe someone has had this issue and can tell me exactly what it is

Im in Vancouver Canada, are there any good places to buy parts for these engines? Or online stores I can order stuff.

thanks

Most likely an air leak. Which is most likely at your fuel primer pump. Buy a knock off one from Ebay as it's a cheap option to try.

Also look for diesel seepage around your entire injection system. Where diesel gets out, air can get in.

Also test your glow system. When glowing (cold engine), have some one test the voltage at the glow rail. You should see 11V for around 8 sec, and then 6V for at least 30 sec after.

You can also remove the glow rail, and test resistance of each glow plug to make sure it's ok. Check the manual, but I think they're around 10ohms or something low like that.

Most likely an air leak. Which is most likely at your fuel primer pump. Buy a knock off one from Ebay as it's a cheap option to try.

Also look for diesel seepage around your entire injection system. Where diesel gets out, air can get in.

Also test your glow system. When glowing (cold engine), have some one test the voltage at the glow rail. You should see 11V for around 8 sec, and then 6V for at least 30 sec after.

You can also remove the glow rail, and test resistance of each glow plug to make sure it's ok. Check the manual, but I think they're around 10ohms or something low like that.
Thanks, I hopefully I will have this figured out by Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom