2007 LC, 100 series navigation or lack thereof (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Helipilot

SILVER Star
Threads
The nav in my newly acquired LC thinks it is in Washington DC and I can't get it to even locate itself. Have read some posts on here about the same issues.

The DVD for updating the nav is $155 at the local dealer. Problem is the latest update to that data base is 2013 I think he said due to the age of the 100 series. My thinking is to get GAIA for the off road trails and find a Street program to run on a refreshed iPad mounted with a RAM set-up. Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

Last edited:
I don’t have the nav set-up anymore but I think there is a region selection option in the system. Maybe try messing with that? Regardless, I would use google maps over that old system everytime.

I don’t have the nav set-up anymore but I think there is a region selection option in the system. Maybe try messing with that? Regardless, I would use google maps over that old system everytime.

I was thinking the same thing regarding the region settings, I remember having to reset mine when I drove it home from Kansas. I'm pretty sure the car always knew where I was, it just wasn't recognizing addresses from out of its home region. Definitely worth a shot, but not convinced it will solve the problem.

The DVD for updating the nav is $155 at the local dealer. Problem is the latest update to that data base is 2013 I think he said due to the age of the 100 series.

I bought my last 2 updates from ebay for less than $15 each though they were pirated copies.

I just ordered the Grom audio vline 2. I try the Tesla style screen too many glitches doesn’t operate as advertised sending that back. Hopefully the Grom will work as advertised. The Grom is made here in the US and has customer support here in the US also.

I don't know if I've ever even used the Nav option on my 05. Google maps on my phone takes me everywhere I want to go and is always updated.

I just ordered the Grom audio vline 2. I try the Tesla style screen too many glitches doesn’t operate as advertised sending that back. Hopefully the Grom will work as advertised. The Grom is made here in the US and has customer support here in the US also.
The Grom option is 500 no? Seems the resolution wouldnt be as good as well.

The Grom option is 500 no? Seems the resolution wouldnt be as good as well.
Grom set me back $659. Yes resolution is less but I use my head unit for music mostly listen to XM radio rarely use navigation and wanted to have the ability for apple carplay. The Tesla style screen was a very bad experience for me super glitchy. Would take a long time to power up CarPlay. Sometimes I would have to reboot the system to get it to work. I would be miles down the road before I could listen to anything. Let’s hope the experience is better with the Grom.

GROM in the 100 is definitely not high res. Think of it like watching a video in 480p. Not having GROM in the 100 is like gathering around the radio with your grandparents ;)

Children, would you like to listen to a cassette or one of six CDs?
Unknown.jpg

Installed the Grom. Works as advertised. Google maps, Apple Maps, and waze work perfectly. Would definitely buy again if needed.

Installed the Grom. Works as advertised. Google maps, Apple Maps, and waze work perfectly. Would definitely buy again if needed.

Do you by chance have any pics of the screen in action? Looking at a 100 series but definitely “need” (want) to be able to use Bluetooth for phone and music. An iPhone user as well - any glitches to be aware of? Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom