1996 FZJ 80 Starter Connector Part# (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m starting to have starter issues with my 1996 FZJ80. Sometimes it starts right up and other times it won’t turn over. It appears that the starter on it is the original. So, I ordered a refurbished Toyota Starter (Part# 28100-66060-84) from CruiserParts.com. I wanted to check to see if anyone knows the part # of the starter connector:

D80BE4F2-98F7-4BE8-9A3E-D60C93EE8978.jpeg

I want to purchase a replacement to make sure it’s not the connector instead of the actual starter.

I appreciate your assistance.

Regards,

Jose R. Rodriguez

I think its this:

starter connector (90980-11400)
Thanks for providing the part #. When I looked up that part, it looks different from the connector on my starter. Here’s a photo of part# 90980-11400:
3D77969F-B831-473A-BB27-4397DC7556F4.jpeg

Here’s a photo of my starter’s connector, which is different:

762FB8C8-DB0F-4A65-BB67-204937891C56.jpeg

Does anyone recognize this connector?

Thanks

Look through here to see if you can find what your looking for:

Look through here to see if you can find what your looking for:

Ok, after reading some older posts regarding the remanufacture Toyota starter, I now know that starter connector (90980-11400) is needed instead of the older style connector that my FZJ80 currently uses. My question, if I purchase the starter connector (90980-11400), do I need a new cable as well or do I just strip the existing wires and connect them to the new starter connector (90980-11400)?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Ok, after reading some older posts regarding the remanufacture Toyota starter, I now know that starter connector (90980-11400) is needed instead of the older style connector that my FZJ80 currently uses. My question, if I purchase the starter connector (90980-11400), do I need a new cable as well or do I just strip the existing wires and connect them to the new starter connector (90980-11400)?

Please let me know.

Thanks.
If both housings are two wire connectors, then no.

Are you sure it's the right connector housing? Can you get a picture of what it's connecting into? Because the picture you have is very different.

The grey connector in your hand does not look like the starter connection. Later today, I'll look at my LC to see if I can find the connector you are holding.

If both housings are two wire connectors, then no.

Are you sure it's the right connector housing? Can you get a picture of what it's connecting into? Because the picture you have is very different.

The grey connector in your hand does not look like the starter connection. Later today, I'll look at my LC to see if I can find the connector you are holding.
Sorry for my confusion. I was not looking at the right connector housing. I located the correct one and it does look similar to the one you referenced.

Thanks for your assistance.

Thanks for providing the part #. When I looked up that part, it looks different from the connector on my starter. Here’s a photo of part# 90980-11400:
View attachment 2688473

Here’s a photo of my starter’s connector, which is different:

View attachment 2688474

Does anyone recognize this connector?

Thanks
That is absolutely not the starter connector. That looks like the alternator connector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom