What's going on in the ACC Garage. . . (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You know, I told Dugan and Towers that! They "corrected" it, but the customer turned back around.
image.jpg

Have you seen this yet? The owner is a member here on MUD. Let's see if he's paying attention.

Custom flatbed mini truck. . .turned out quite nice. Fresh step sliders, all new paint, new ARB front bumper and tucked hitch receiver.

IMG_9996.JPG

IMG_9991.JPG

IMG_9992.JPG

IMG_9993.JPG

IMG_9994.JPG

IMG_9995.JPG

Build thread on the 85 tray-back

whoops... I guess I wasn't paying attention @BMThiker ;)

When I brought "Patty" into the shop, the plan for the bed was new wood. That's it... just replace the wood. Dugan suggested that maybe narrowing the flatbed 1.5" would make it fit better... and maybe boat-tailing the corners to help the departure angle... So, we started cutting it up. After a couple hours of cutting, Dugan says "I have an idea."

Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 3.41.20 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
whoops... I guess I wasn't paying attention @BMThiker ;)

When I brought "Patty" into the shop, the plan for the bed was new wood. That's it... just replace the wood. Dugan suggested that maybe narrowing the flatbed 1.5" would make it fit better... and maybe boat-tailing the corners to help the departure angle... So, we started cutting it up. After a couple hours of cutting, Dugan says "I have an idea."

View attachment 2700935
Clearly that guy can not be trusted..... :lol:
The spare tire mount is super trick.

Clearly that guy can not be trusted..... :lol:
The spare tire mount is super trick.
It's totally for visibility... okay, it's mostly for visibility and sorta 'cause it just looked badass when we dropped it down 10". It did create another "hold my beer" moment when we realized the factory frame/bed mount would need to be relocated to clear the tire. Actually, it was more of a shoulder shrug.

I’d have to add some stake pockets. You can’t have a flatbed without 2x6 sides!

These cutouts were precisely measured and cut to accept your standard Wally World cargo tie-down hook. Insert through the opening, rotate 90* to engage center spoke.
1625763543554.png

I’d have to add some stake pockets. You can’t have a flatbed without 2x6 sides!
I thought of that too. I appreciate the tie downs though.
I am always impressed with Dugan and the Crew's one offs. It is all art.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom