Broken front sway bar mounting point (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Something that I missed when inspecting my new LX470 before purchase: the front sway bar mounting point on the chassis is broken.
Does anyone sell a replacement part? Or will I have to get this custom fabricated by a frame shop?

IMG_8468.jpg

Common place for rust due to the AC drain dripping onto it (little tube sticking out of the firewall. You should add a hose to it that lets it drain into the plastic skid plate)

Below are some threads on this

You’ll have cut all that rust out and weld a plate on with holes drilled to serve as a new mount. Or just go without swaybar

I read about the sway bar delete. I don’t understand how that’s a sensible move. But then again my car feels solid in the front with the broken bracket. So maybe it’s stiff enough that it doesn’t need a front sway bar?

I read about the sway bar delete. I don’t understand how that’s a sensible move. But then again my car feels solid in the front with the broken bracket. So maybe it’s stiff enough that it doesn’t need a front sway bar?
I’ve been without a front swaybar for a few years. I’ve not noticed any demonstrable issues driving without it. I think a Prius might have as much front suspension travel as a 100...

I’ve been without a front swaybar for a few years. I’ve not noticed any demonstrable issues driving without it. I think a Prius might have as much front suspension travel as a 100...
I wonder, if only using a rear sway bar, if it would make the truck have more oversteer? My old Audi had uprated sway bars where you could dial in too much oversteer... made hwy driving suck... so twitchy and sensitiv, even with AWD.

I have Whiteline front/rear bars right now, and tempted thrown on thinner AHC bars, or even go bar less just to try...

Find a welding/fab shop shop that will do it like a quick surface clean and mounting bracket create/weld. Shouldn’t cost you more than 300$

I remember somebody recently using a Gen1 Toyota sway bar bracket (w/ a little modding) as it is available from Toyota.

My front bushings need to be replaced and I've been dreading it since the bolts don't even look like bolts an longer. I'm hoping this doesn't happen to me.

The toyota tundra bracket is the one to replace your frame tab with. 51591-0C020. Search it to find other posts that explain how to use it with pics (one cut + weld)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom