Builds time to start over (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

they replace. i have run both with and without a diff drop. no difference as far as the cv goes

No. But here is the thing. the top of the Diff is very close. to the bottom of the engine / oil pan like you can not even fit your finger in between close . If you are doing Hard offroad stuff it is possible for the engine to move enough to get a crack in the aluminum oil pan Ask me how i know . So the diff drop does help that out alot .

Im going to be running fox 2.5 struts made for a tc long travel kit but with limit straps so im looking to limit them to just of max what a standard cv and lca can handle

Does the diff drop not negatively affect the front prop shaft angle?
i had not had any issues. with that . i do know my rci skids do not work with the diff drop. i had to run spacers. in about 45 days all of this will be a thing of the past for me though. its SAS time

Heres something interesting for you all. The workshop that did my valvebody upgrade used dex3 fluid (according to invoice)...of course this alarmed me, i wrang the company that makes the valvebody upgrades and tc kit as i figure they would give me an honest answer.

They told me that while they recommended a full flush in the next few weeks, using dex 3 wont actually cause any damage to the transmission and that they sometimes recommend using it for a750 autos which have big power (500hp+) as its a thicker fluid.

i have been driving since friday with dex 3 no problems at all yet.

Hmmm. I did a partial flush with Valvoline WS once and I could tell the difference. Next flush I did, I went back to Toyota branded WS fluid.
It may drive differently on different fluids but probably didnt hurt it. I cant comment on drive quality comparison because before the valvebody i was using toyota ws

I have been running a LT rear set up for a while now and not a single issue with the abs stuff

I run Resz Fab. Offset upper and lower links. I also run Radflo rear shocks. they have 14 inch shock bodies . I am swapping everything though and will run a 3 link set up , with coilovers .

I run Resz Fab. Offset upper and lower links. I also run Radflo rear shocks. they have 14 inch shock bodies . I am swapping everything though and will run a 3 link set up , with coilovers .
14 inch shocks, im using 11.5s, i jave offset upper arms to and with both wheels at full droop the arm and coil are close to the tank, if i extended the swaybar links the i get binding.

Took her out to the technical trails today. Suspension and gearbox performed flawlessly. Need the front suspension upgraded to keep up with the rear now

PXL_20210515_070104081.jpg

PXL_20210515_070043811.jpg

Looking at the resz fab, with those uppers being non adjustable they look a fair bit thinner then my adjustable ones which may be why you dont have clearance issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom