New Heritage Owner w/Clear Bra (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I love this new clear bra design!:rofl:

After learning our favorite SUV may never come back to the US I had to grab one. This is a pic of my long-time dealer prepping to ship the truck to me. Mods I'm planning are:

- Full clear wrap
- New tires: I did 275/70 KO2s on our 2016 but there are a few here with 285/70/R18 RGs that I think look just perfect on these trucks. Searching the forum I'm not sure it will be feasible, though.
- Rear airbags and compressor: We want to tow a smaller Airstream and I've read good feedback here on this setup.
- Side steps: maybe Slee?

Would love to connect with any Boulder/Denver owners. I'm relatively new to the area but can't wait to get out and explore.

64210815183__1AC4F03B-2894-4C0A-B395-A0D245EF918E 2.jpg

I love this new clear bra design!:rofl:

After learning our favorite SUV may never come back to the US I had to grab one. This is a pic of my long-time dealer prepping to ship the truck to me. Mods I'm planning are:

- Full clear wrap
- New tires: I did 275/70 KO2s on our 2016 but there are a few here with 285/70/R18 RGs that I think look just perfect on these trucks. Searching the forum I'm not sure it will be feasible, though.
- Rear airbags and compressor: We want to tow a smaller Airstream and I've read good feedback here on this setup.
- Side steps: maybe Slee?

Would love to connect with any Boulder/Denver owners. I'm relatively new to the area but can't wait to get out and explore.

View attachment 2668068
Congrats! I am in the tire hunt too and everything I saw pointed to either 285/65/18 or 275/70/18 as options. Never heard of 285/70/18. Would be great as a solution for me, since I am divided between the two first sizes. Did you actually see somebody else fitting this size without issues?

Congrats! I am in the tire hunt too and everything I saw pointed to either 285/65/18 or 275/70/18 as options. Never heard of 285/70/18. Would be great as a solution for me, since I am divided between the two first sizes. Did you actually see somebody else fitting this size without issues?
You are correct about the non issue tires. From what I gather you need .75” spacers, remove the front mud flap things and maybe heat mold the fenders a little bit for 285/70. I also gather a lift doesn’t really help much. I’m trying to avoid anything other than the oem spacer anyways.

I’ll try the 285/70 and so the 275/70 of it’s too much of a hassle.

You are correct about the non issue tires. From what I gather you need .75” spacers, remove the front mud flap things and maybe heat mold the fenders a little bit for 285/70. I also gather a lift doesn’t really help much. I’m trying to avoid anything other than the oem spacer anyways.

I’ll try the 285/70 and so the 275/70 of it’s too much of a hassle.
Gotcha. Let us know how it goes.

Sorry but I couldn't understand the last statements. Do 275/70s work without any mods (spacers or whatever)? I am thinking KO2s but want to be sure there are no issues and no mods required. (I am fine with a thinner tire.)

Sorry but I couldn't understand the last statements. Do 275/70s work without any mods (spacers or whatever)? I am thinking KO2s but want to be sure there are no issues and no mods required. (I am fine with a thinner tire.)
I’ve read the here that 285/65 or 275/70 18 fit fine with no issues

I’ll go with the 275/70 if the 285/70 doesn’t work out.

275/70/18 will fit with minimal to no rubbing. Might have to remove front mud flaps depending on offset.

@Dan Higgins I don’t think so. I’m running 275/70 18 with spacers and got rubbing that required removal/adjustment of plastic parts. I’m on 1.25” spidertrax spacers and about 2.5” of lift.

If I recall correctly, I tried it without spacers before putting the spacers on, and it rubbed. I already had the spacers in my shop from my last 200 build so I put them on. Spacers also have the benefit of helping to dial out the scrub radius changes caused by the lift. It is no big deal to remove the rubbing, but it isn’t a no effort option like the smaller 32” tires.

If I recall correctly, I tried it without spacers before putting the spacers on, and it rubbed. I already had the spacers in my shop from my last 200 build so I put them on. Spacers also have the benefit of helping to dial out the scrub radius changes caused by the lift. It is no big deal to remove the rubbing, but it isn’t a no effort option like the smaller 32” tires.
I am wondering if by not having a lift then it changes things a bit? I seem to remember somewhere that when people did a lift it brought a bit of fore or aft rubbing into play. Of course, without a lift I might get some rubbing during the top limit of articulation? I don't plan to do a lift on this build. At least not until after 100K, if ever.

Here is mine w RG 285/65/18 and spacers

View attachment 2669068
I think silver was the sleeper of this whole end-run and will be the most sought after classic. It’s usually the marketing color but there is something about this combo and limited vol. My wife wanted black so I didn’t care as long as it was another LC! After seeing yours on 32.5? I won’t be sad if I go that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom