Windshield leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Our FJC has a leak down the pillar on the passenger side and into the floorboard. It seems to be in the very corner between the gap in the trim piece above the windshield and the body itself testing with a water hose.

I've tried to remove the trim piece to reseal the bolt holes per some threads I've found but I feel like I'll break it if i do. Windshield has been replaced before.

Any advice?

The trim piece along top edge of windshield is impossible to remove without breaking the clips and/or bending the trim itself. Original trim pieces were metal with plastic retaining clips. New ones are plastic with clips pre-installed.

Which trim piece? “A” pillar inside or outside? Pictures?

It's the front pillar on the passenger side. If I open the door and pull back the door moulding I can see the water drop down inside that collum to the floorboard. It comes out under the plastic trim piece right by where your foot would be.

We had the roof painted and then my wife went through a car wash like 2 weeks later and it started leaking. If I take this to a windshield shop they are going to have to replace that upper trim piece I guess? I've heard it's really expensive I'm scared to even look.

Does your FJ have a roof rack? If so, was probably removed to paint the roof. Maybe that’s the source of the leak?

It was removed, but I checked there by spraying with the hose. When I let the hose run on that top right section of the windshield right where that trim piece meets the roof the water started tricking in. I've got an appointment with safelite through my insurance. We'll see what they can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom