Will 15 inch rims fit on my Series 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm getting some 35s put on my stock 16 inch rims but.... i have 2 extra rim from my 76 FJ40 that have 35s on them but are 15 inch, I was hoping to save the bucks on buying a 5th tire by using one of them as a spare. Looking at them i think it would be super tight on the brake setup but wanted to check before i humped them around in the garage.
Thanks and TGIF
Dave

20210419_094720.jpg

15's will fit on 91-92 3fe rigs, but not later years IIRC.
ok thanks, i should have said mine is a 97 so thats a no go. I'm new to Series 80 and had read the brakes where bigger on the newer versions.
Thanks for the quick reply. much appreciated.
Dave

“the fronts will fit fine, you will have to grind down the back calipers to fit, or you could run a wheel spacer so they will clear the calipers”

“the fronts will fit fine, you will have to grind down the back calipers to fit, or you could run a wheel spacer so they will clear the calipers”
Thanks for the info, that is good to know. in my case I'm going to bite the bullet and go with 5 new tires for this build as the Series 80 is so larger and heaver in comparison with the series 40, if I get a flat I want to have good rubber between me and the road.
Thanks
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom