Rear coil spring spacers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This thread has made my day😎

This thread reminds me of a wheel spacer thread recently. Spacer threads of any kind get spicy I guess.

Also is triple locked a southern thing because they can't count axles good? ;)

This thread reminds me of a wheel spacer thread recently. Spacer threads of any kind get spicy I guess.

Also is triple locked a southern thing because they can't count axles good? ;)
It's just us 100 and 200 series guys trying to be as cool as the 80 guys.
It aint easy:smokin:

It's just us 100 and 200 series guys trying to be as cool as the 80 guys.
It aint easy:smokin:

I'm just glad I can take credit for your new tag line! Haha

I didn’t say they were. I was pointing out the FACT that the process OP is taking (not buying a “lift” kit until he’s finished building out the cruiser and knows what load rating he’ll need from springs) is a solid one that follows recommendations from long-time Cruiser experts, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. Slee’s recommendations ought to carry quite a bit more weight than the opinion of the 100 series bed liner king...Also, I don’t see where OP asked for opinions on whether he should get spacers or coil springs - he knows what he wants and is asking about spacer differences. Let the man do what he wants with his Cruiser.

Ma'am, calm down. Seriously, it's just the internet. No need to get your berries in a dingle.

I have Slee heavies, and spacers on top of my springs to get things to sit even. With a full tank of gas and a heavy tire on the left side and I was leaning. So I have a trim packer on the passenger side and a 30mm on the driver side. And that's even with the extra few 5mm the heavies claim the drivers side has.

You are being a jerk. My honest advice is what I presented.
Awww, ya poor thing! Need some hugs?

Again, I don’t see in the first post where your’s, or anyone else’s, “honest advice” about whether he should get spacers or coils was asked for 🧐 Zooguy made it clear that he knows what he wants (spacers 👇🏽), so what relevance does any of the unsolicited coil spring “advice” that you gave have? Zero.
So I'm looking for recommendations of a temporary spacer
Alrighty guys so I'm wanting to !!!!TEMPORARILY !!!!! add a rear coil spring spacer on my 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser.

I hesitated for a long time between 2866 and 2864. I finally opted for the 2866 and regret it a bit. With my gears, drawers and Alu-Cab RTT, it was a little too low for my taste. So I bought some 30mm spacers from Trail Taylor. I am satisfied but think of possibly buying 2864.

Last edited:

Again, I don’t see in the first post where your’s, or anyone else’s, “honest advice” about whether he should get spacers or coils was asked for 🧐 Zooguy made it clear that he knows what he wants (spacers 👇🏽), so what relevance does any of the unsolicited coil spring “advice” that you gave have? Zero.

You must be fun at parties.

you win man congrats!

What about using tennis balls as well as spacers? Would that be acceptable?

Joined in 2019 and already with over 2500 posts!? And I thought I was on here a bunch! I wonder who may be giving out too much “honest advice”

Naw man. Too early to call. I think y’all should arrange to meet up in Fist City, Colorado this July 👊
But he can’t do that from mom’s basement!!

But to the OP, heavier springs is your answer. Spacers may look like they are working for your situation, but too much weight can lead to some problems down the road. I’d go air bags before spacers. Of fact I did go air bags with my stock AHC before yanking it all out for a suspension upgrade.

But to the OP, heavier springs is your answer. Spacers may look like they are working for your situation, but too much weight can lead to some problems down the road. I’d go air bags before spacers. Of fact I did go air bags with my stock AHC before yanking it all out for a suspension upgrade.
Uh huh. This is the guy you want to listen to^^^😬

Edit: I realized afterwards that this post makes it look like I agree with Aaron when in reality it was supposed to convey sarcasm. Because.... well..it’s Aaron😩

OP might be long gone.

This thread:
02517252-3823-406A-9F89-21B44F39005F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom