Brake line upgrade (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The flare tool I purchased and couplings. Made a very nice double flare.

923B9710-CFBD-4B1E-A43B-E3BFFD4A700D.png

5DAF5BC5-B1EB-4FEB-8DD8-EAE7C2F862FF.png

I live outside of Chicago and the salt on the roads is like something I’ve never send before. Would be happy to meet up and talk Toyota or assist in a wrenching project. Cost wise your not spending much more for the Slee lines. Aside from my rubber hoses being 20 years old and looking ugly, the could have probably went another 10 years. Some with the hard lines, they were ugly but when I cut them out wall thickness was not a concern due to the corrosion. Toyota material is top notch of course but I’ve always wanted a stainless braided covered line so went this route.
Thanks! You are very generous! The land cruiser is getting its undersides cleaned out now. Chris is getting a mechanic to come and patch that leak. But when I get the LC back, I'll check with my mechanic to see if he thinks it needs immediate replacement or if it can wait. I will have the 13 hour drive from NYC to Chicago and I would not like to have to worry about my brakes. I'll reach out when I know more!

My complaints about the Slee lines were focused around the fact that they weren’t OEM and didn’t have the same fitment. I’m scared to post my video for fear of getting chewed out again for having an opinion contrary to the tribe’s and promoting the video any chance I get.

For the same price you can get OEM hoses and so that’s the route I eventually went.

Last edited:
My complaints about the Slee lines were focused around the fact that they weren’t OEM and didn’t have the same fitment. I’m scared to post my video for fear of getting chewed out again for having an opinion contrary to the tribe’s and promoting the video any chance I get.

For the same price you can get OEM hoses and so that’s the route I eventually went.
I had zero issues with any fit issues with the install my my Slee lines. What was the issue you had?

I’m pretty sure I found and saw your video. None of your (3) complaints about the lines would change my mind on making the purchase of the Slee over OEM lines. I’d rather support a vendor like Slee any day rather than give my money to a dealership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom