Put 2016 LC 18x8 rims on 2010 LX (OEM was 20x8.5?) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DownTheRoad

GOLD Star
Threads
I put 2016 LC wheels on my 2010 LX570. The LC wheels are 18x8 and I think 56 offset. The LC wheels were used to replace the OEM 20x8.5 with 60 offset.

My problem is that I can't get the new Lexus center caps to fit on the front wheels. There is about an 1/8 inch gap around the hub and center cap. I tried to shave off some plastic on the backing of the center cap and the gap is still present. What I am wondering nis can I install a hub centric spacer so I can install my center caps? If so, which ones and where to purchase? I'm new to all this wheel modification stuff. My naive view is a half-inch spacer would work, but then I don't know how that affects my lugs. Would I need to buy new , longer lugs?

I thought there was a change in the metal dust cap that impacted the way the center caps for?

I recently put 2016 LC wheels on my 2010 LX570 and after doing some trimming to the back of the center caps they all fit perfect. My guess is that you just need to take a little more off.

I recently put 2016 LC wheels on my 2010 LX570 and after doing some trimming to the back of the center caps they all fit perfect. My guess is that you just need to take a little more off.
I trimmed off the two bumpy nubs in the center. Do you recall how large of a diameter at the center you trimmed back? Thanks for posting too.

I trimmed off the two bumpy nubs in the center. Do you recall how large of a diameter at the center you trimmed back? Thanks for posting too
Check out @pkniland ‘s post on this thread from last year. He put a closeup pic of how far he trimmed back the teeth on the outer edge of the center cap almost down to the metal ring. It’s actually the length of these teeth that engage the wheel, not the nub in the center. I trimmed all 4 of mine so that they wouldn’t give me any issues when rotated. It was quick and easy with a battery powered Dewalt oscillating saw

Update on this thread:

I've driven about 6000 miles on the 2016 18" LC OEM wheels with Michelin Defenders. This replaced the 20" OEM LX wheels for my summer ride. The OEM 20" LX have blizzaks for winter.

The use of 2016+ LC OEM wheels on a 2010 LX, I would not recommend because of too bumper steering. There is an ever so slight positive scrub radius that is less smooth on highway than the 20" OEM LX Wheels. I think the difference of 4 mm offset is too noticeable. I'll be looking to get some TRDs in 18" with 60 offset, maybe that will help.

Nothing about the front suspension geometry changed from 08-15 to 16+ to account for the 4mm offset difference, which realistically is extremely small and would be very hard to detect all else being equal.

Much more likely any perceptible difference is explained by a difference in the tires or possibly the change in wheel diameter.

I agree 100% with @bloc . I've run both 56 and 60 mm offset rims on both of the 200 series I've owned, and there was no perceptible difference. 4mm is so small...

Tires are 285/60R18 LTX Defenders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom