Builds 1985 JDM 3B Engine Rebuild and Other Stories (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude. You are my HERO right now. does it show oil pressure? We are about to see some real science. I bet it runs forever now.

You know with all that reduced friction and less resistance on the oil pump you'll probably start getting like 35mpg............In all seriousness. I had a bit of strangeness in the rod bearings when I did my in frame rebuild last summer. Ordered from partsouq. When the parts came the boxes had the correct numbers but were labled lexus and not toyota. The oil hole in the bearing was not oval and did not completely line up with the hole on the rod. all other dimensions were correct. I redrilled and chamfered them in the correct position and went with it..................I"m fairly sure you examined every single part, but if you didn't and the shop that line honed put the crank in maybe they got one of these wierd bearings where the oil hole didn't line up right and it got hot? No Idea, just know there are some "off bearings" being sold for 3B's with toyota numbers in lexus labled boxes.

Spent the day driving crap out of it.

And…. It’s gonna die soon. :lol:

Almost no oil pressure at idle (oil taking the path of least resistance and going immediately out the #4 crank journal oiling holes). Low oil pressure idiot light comes on immediately when no load on engine and when idling.

When load on engine, oiling is good and pressure is good. Engine starting to sound bad already.

Its time is limited and like I said. Gonna drive it till it blows. This is now a destructive engineering analysis engine, in situ .

Time for planning a repower.

Are you going to wear safety glasses and safety sandals while driving, in case of shrapnel?

I’m tracking the mileage sans #4 main bearing cap.

I am betting I get 1500-2000 miles before we get “controlled migration of parts.”

Anyone else wanna throw a bet out there?

In other news, re-power options have been weighed and a decision made. Any one want to venture a guess?

13BT!

I'm sorry these things happened man. Moving forward we need to see full documentation (for science). 2 engine bay gopros, 1 or 2 undercarriage gopros, video of driver at moment of final failure would be good too.
Also, get a "Prudence" the safety goat on the dash;
Amazon product ASIN 0762459816@Indestructible 47 anything becomes "safety" if you slap an ANSI/OSHA decal on it.

Failure at 2020 miles for shear irony

Price on 3B/H55f before failure?

Im
I’m tracking the mileage sans #4 main bearing cap.

I am betting I get 1500-2000 miles before we get “controlled migration of parts.”

Anyone else wanna throw a bet out there?

In other news, re-power options have been weighed and a decision made. Any one want to venture a guess?
gonna guess15b-ft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom