Events/Trails Pig Party 2021💥🎉💥 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep, were all coming. Maybe hitting some sites before we meet up. Time depending we’ll try to hand around to see the late comers
Our plan also. Look forward to seeing everyone.

Pig trip training drills
4CC1302C-C5A1-4674-9CAE-228B3530DF36.jpeg

So, I’ve seen a large Increase in outdoor visitation and am a little concerned that if we don’t lock down some sites soon we may not find any. I’d also like to throw in a vote to reduce the number of daily campsite moves in our overall travel plan. were pulling a trailer loaded w bacon and beverages
Not surprised to hear that, I think people have had it with the quarantine...

If you guys want to find campsites its going to be tough unless you book a head of time. I was under the impression we were going to do some dispersed camping as a group. Driving back to your campgrpund every night depending on where we are at may take up to an hour or so. There are no campfires outside of a designated campground unless we are on the Wyoming side, but as dry as it is that may not happen either. If you guys are thinking Campground with Showers and toilets we probably should all get on the same sheet of music.

I also expected what's become the "traveling circus" was going to be the drill this year. But we're open to whatever.

Yes it is going to be interesting considering the creation of the “Pandemic Outdoor 4x4 Warriors” that have sprouted and flooded the planet.
Thats why you have local guides to keep you away from the zoo.....

How about a compromise. We let the guides find the good spots to camp and trails to drive each day, but we take our time in the morning to let those with trailers or big tents, etc. to make breakfast and pack up. That way we all enjoy the trip and not feel rushed all the while getting to see more of the country each day.

How's that sound?

How about a compromise. We let the guides find the good spots to camp and trails to drive each day, but we take our time in the morning to let those with trailers or big tents, etc. to make breakfast and pack up. That way we all enjoy the trip and not feel rushed all the while getting to see more of the country each day.

How's that sound?
That is what I had envisioned.

How's that sound?
Sounds finer than frog's hair to me Ron!

For the PP2021 attendees, if you have time to drive the needles scenic byway (SD 87 and 16A) it's an awesome scenic drive. Yes, iron piggies don't like the pavement as much as the dirt, but it's worth the drive...especially in the northern section near Mt. Rushmore. Between the tunnels, spiral wooden bridges as well as how the road winds through the landscape it is a memorable drive. I learned the tunnels are very deliberately cut to give you a perfect view of Mt. Rushmore at one end of the tunnel....but you have to drive the road in both directions to figure that out. If you're driving only one direction, make sure you, or your passenger takes a peek out the back window to see the view.

Here's a snipet on the highway design: Needles highway designers

Training run this past weekend to an actual Pig Party. My cousin's annual Pig Roast found us using, for the first time, the zip-on room that came with our ARB Touring awning purchased three or four years ago. The damaged roof top tent is ready for reassembly and install but just ran out of time last week. This actually worked out pretty well but reaffirmed that, after a certain age, going up and down the ladder is easier than getting up off the ground, even with our low cots. But it is a nice option, especially if there's company on the trip.

Also wondering if it's about time for PP2021 attendees to specify which (or both) weekends we'll be attending since it seems the group will be split between the last weekend in June and first weekend in July. We plan on both weekends with a tentative side trip into Wyoming in between.

pig roast 1.jpg

pig roast 2.jpg

pig roast 3.jpg

pig roast 4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom