2002 lc no ahc springs and shocks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi folks sold my 2 1995’s just the 100 series left. She’s an 02 no ahc. Has 155k thinking time for shocks springs look to be original. Thoughts on replacing everything with factory components or upgrade. No off roading here with it. No plans too. Malls are all closed so no mall crawling either lol. Just dunkin runs and Chick-fil-A.

and if other then stock recommendations where to buy?

thank you
Eric

I found this that may be helpful to you:

I'm also about to start this project and instal OEM just want to get the right springs for the job. Road Warrior set up not offroading.

Pretty sure the answer will be to go stock, even if you are doing light off road duty. If you don’t intend it to ever see dirt, no reason to not go OEM. Cheap(er). Easier on front end parts. Cushy ride. Etc. Etc. Etc.

If you don't want or need to lift the truck then OEM is your best bet. Toyota parts are generally as good as you can get unless you're looking for something special like adjustable upper control arms (which you don't need if you're keeping stock ride height). But when @utflowerman says "cheap(er)" you need to brace yourself. I just put down over $700 on springs and shocks, and that was buying them online from McGeorge Toyota (the cheapest source for OEM I could find). I'm planning to do the install myself but just to get a sense of how much aggravation I'd be willing to put up with in the process I called a couple of local Toyota dealer to ask what they'd charge for labor to put it all in. One quoted me $1290, another "$1500 to $2000." Sheesh.

By the way, my truck (04 Land Cruiser) is my daily driver, and I use it for light offloading as part of my work. I'm fully confident that OEM will be more than adequate for my needs.

OEM parts all the way. The OEM 100 series suspension (AHC or not) is an awesome value, IMO. The parts that aren't inexpensive are by far the longest lasting options. The parts that are similar to other options are pretty cheap. Win win.
@suprarx7nut , Rear control arms are next on my list. Would you say that OEM are longer-lasting than, say, OME or Ironman?

@suprarx7nut , Rear control arms are next on my list. Would you say that OEM are longer-lasting than, say, OME or Ironman?
I'd spend my money on toyota. I don't think there's any evidence that the bushings in anything else are as durable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom