RTH: How to remove LSPV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

StaticTorque

SILVER Star
Threads
I was going to replace my LSPV because it was leaking and I was replacing all the caliper on my rig. I was following the FSM as best as I could, but I didn’t understand some things. So I ended up taking the whole bracket out that the LSPV is on. (Please ignore the broken stud, that’s a whole nothing problem🙄) But how do I get the LSPV off the bracket? It looks like it would slide down so that pin can fit through the bigger whole, but the studs done allow it to do so. Or maybe the studs are supposed to slide down with it? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

909DB7F3-4928-4CCD-87EB-3626FD820B6B.jpeg

BDB50542-0CD6-47AB-99CD-3C8750CA9FDB.jpeg

FABDAEE9-B48B-43D2-BFE6-C0E8A574A877.jpeg

Since you have it off... run a hacksaw or a saz-all down between the bracket and the plate the studs are welded to.
That's what I had to do. Worked a treat!
When you put it back together slather the studs and bracket-to-LSVP-mounting-face with never-seez.

Since you have it off... run a hacksaw or a saz-all down between the bracket and the plate the studs are welded to.
That's what I had to do. Worked a treat!
When you put it back together slather the studs and bracket-to-LSVP-mounting-face with never-seez.
Welp... what did you do to remount the SLPV? I have a brand new one, but it’s just the LSPV, no bracket or anything.

New mounting studs and nuts.
local Toyota dealer ordered them up for me. took two days to get.

New mounting studs and nuts.
local Toyota dealer ordered them up for me. took two days to get.
Do you have part numbers by some chance? Do you know how you’re supposed to take it off without cutting? Doesn’t say in the FSM how to get it off. Looks like you need to slide the studs out, then it can slide down more. Not sure if mines just too rusted up or what.

It should slide, but its so rusted up its "glued" itself to the bracket.
Hack it off and order new parts.
1619349331003.png

Here's the link to my ordeal.

It should slide, but its so rusted up its "glued" itself to the bracket.
Hack it off and order new parts.
View attachment 2656130
Here's the link to my ordeal.
Perfect! Thank you! I ended up using a punch and a hammer, and hammered down towards the LSPV. Ended up cutting the other stud so it was much easier to hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom