Adjustable Rear panhard or delta vs bracket? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’d run it the other way so that slope is away from the threads, they do seize up over time with water intrusion. It doesn’t otherwise matter at all.

I just readjusted mine (and added anti seize to the the threads). I had some of the very first Dobinson’s Flexi 4” coils and had sag on the PS rear. I had bought another set that I had sitting around for awhile (problem appears fixed, the coils are physically different) and installed those when I did my 38’s.

I picked back up an inch and readjusted the panhard. If you use OEM, you either leave it offset as you adjust lift or you have to keep messing with the axle bracket.

The bar I used to have on there was an old Man-a-Fre I think that had a collar with a jam nut on each end so you didn’t have to pull a mount bolt to adjust it. That’s the best solution, but it had seized and the uniball joint on one end was old, so I just replaced it.

I still have the uniball style on my front, but that gets a constant lubrication from front oil leaks and is still perfect. Absolutely no reason to fix that kind of free parts lubrication.
That’s a good point I think I will add anti seize I already have half a can on everything else.

anti sieze is good or just spray paint it
mine still screws smooth and easy after a decade, no special service... but i'm in socal.

Well done on your suspension install:beer:

Neither, use the EIMKeith Bracket:
IMG_3596.jpg

It gives you multiple options on lift height that you can change. Delta makes you choose a lift height, and is 2 to 3 times the price.
^^^^ this

What I like about Delta over this is the Delta bolts into the upper control arm mount to offset the increased leverage of raising the mount. You are increasing the lever arm on a bracket not designed to take that if you just raise the bracket.

I’m about as far as you get from chicken littling these things, but I’ve seen frame end drops developing stress fatigue and that stuff scares me when it lacks additional bracing.

The rear panhard is just a lateral arm on the trailing axle so it’s not dangerous per se, but between the two the value of the bracing is higher than a minor height adjustment.

This is one of those “get it close mods”, there’s no value in exactness. I could have done the 5” on my lift, but I don’t want a horizontal panhard. There is a reason for a little bit of slope.
Yes, we have seen some examples of DIY brackets cracking on a few vehicles, which is why I bought the EIMKeith unit and didn't make my own. The EIMKeith unit slots perfectly onto the stock bracket, allowing you to precisely weld it to every edge of the stock bracket.

I'll let you know when it starts cracking.

Oh, and I didn't bother replacing the bushings doing the Slee DIY panhard. They seem fine.

Last edited:
Oh, and I didn't bother replacing the bushings doing the Slee DIY panhard. They seem fine.
[/QUOTE]
Yes, we have seen some examples of DIY brackets cracking on a few vehicles, which is why I bought the EIMKeith unit and didn't make my own. The EIMKeith unit slots perfectly onto the stock bracket, allowing you to precisely weld it to every edge of the stock bracket.

My 23 yr old rubber bushings are fine. I've had poly bushings crumble in a few years.
IMG959470.jpg

I doubt there will be any issue. I just like the bracing on the Delta and it’s obviously a lot easier as a bolt on design.

I also like a slight angle as that keeps a bit of triangulation relative to the axle. That’s why I did the 3” on a 4.5” lift.

My 23 yr old rubber bushings are fine. I've had poly bushings crumble in a few years.View attachment 2654297
[/QUOTE]

Bushings always look fine. It’s obviously less of an issue for a locating arm that doesn’t take much twist.

I have yet to replace any of the original bushings without noticing a difference, including the panhards. It just seems silly to me to add a tuning bracket (this mod is entirely unnecessary from a functional perspective) while relying on really old rubber to not have more movement when the old stuff has done what rubber does as it ages.

Seat of the wallet performance (it’s better because I spent money) afflicts us all. I’ve never spent a penny on anything that wasn’t better for at least awhile. These trucks are pretty much always 90% of what they were no matter what you do to them, which is the brilliance but also Inspires at ton of money on tuning.

$250 to address “butt wiggle” on a crawler with 37” tires is just funny. But hey, I did it.

I also like a slight angle as that keeps a bit of triangulation relative to the axle. That’s why I did the 3” on a 4.5” lift.

This is one of those “get it close mods”, there’s no value in exactness. I could have done the 5” on my lift, but I don’t want a horizontal panhard. There is a reason for a little bit of slope.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think triangulation is a benefit here. The reason for the rise on the axle side is to raise your roll center. I have a little bit of slope with a 5" bracket and 2" springs ~3" lift. You think that "triangulation" helps counteract the effect of not running a rear sway bar? :flipoff2:
10BF8449-D310-4F15-A530-7E05BCAB6F41.png

If I were to do it again I'd do it correctly and actually center the roll center as well. It sits 2" too far to the passenger side so ideally go with a bracket that is also made with an option to have the rise along with a 4" longer option which would need a 4" longer panhard.
27185CB4-72D5-4379-94E3-F1B928CAF307.jpeg

I doubt there will be any issue. I just like the bracing on the Delta and it’s obviously a lot easier as a bolt on design.
IMHO It's the bolt on design that requires the extra brace, yes theirs more leverage on the taller mount, but that's is now transferred to the upper control arm mount (with the delta) that was never designed for a side load.
The stock pan hard mount is Pretty stout and ties into the coil bucket. I don't think theirs any issue running the Eim keith bracket it ties in well, is probably one tenth of the weight and plain looks good, not this big add on looking thing.

IMHO It's the bolt on design that requires the extra brace, yes theirs more leverage on the taller mount, but that's is now transferred to the upper control arm mount (with the delta) that was never designed for a side load.
The stock pan hard mount is Pretty stout and ties into the coil bucket. I don't think theirs any issue running the Eim keith bracket it ties in well, is probably one tenth of the weight and plain looks good, not this big add on looking thing.
To be clear, there is virtually no side load with our bracket. The only way that would be possible is if the stock panhard bolt was broken. As long as it’s in place, any forces are going to be rotational around that bolt. If that bolt is broken, there are obviously much bigger issues, and our bracket will be able to keep everything stable for at least a short period of time to get off the road safely.

The eimkieth bracket is a good option that accomplishes the same thing for the DIY types out there.

We talked internally about making something like that a long time ago, but we just don’t like doing stuff that ends up in permanent modification to the vehicle.

To be clear, there is virtually no side load with our bracket. The only way that would be possible is if the stock panhard bolt was broken. As long as it’s in place, any forces are going to be rotational around that bolt. If that bolt is broken, there are obviously much bigger issues, and our bracket will be able to keep everything stable for at least a short period of time to get off the road safely.

The eimkieth bracket is a good option that accomplishes the same thing for the DIY types out there.

We talked internally about making something like that a long time ago, but we just don’t like doing stuff that ends up in permanent modification to the vehicle.
What I mean by side load, is when the Delta bracket is bolted to the upper control mount it's putting a side load on that mount. If it's not side loading that mount they why is it needed. I think the delta bracket is a nice option for people that want bolt on. I just think it moves the leverage point for one mount to the other.
The biggest reason I went with the Eimkieth bracket is the weight saving ( trying to keep my Rig a light as possible) and if your not familiar with the 80 it looks like it could have come from the factory.
The Delta VS bracket looks just like what it is, a bolt on addition. JMHO.
Don't get me wrong I think the Delta VS products are very well designed and built. And I thank you for bring after market products to the 80 world.:clap:👍

Cheers ;)

For any one that does not understand the importance of haveing the Pan hard parallel to the ground. ;)

Last edited:
1. when the Delta bracket is bolted to the upper control mount it's putting a side load on that mount.
2. If it's not side loading that mount they why is it needed.
1. No, it’s not putting a side load on there.
2. It bolts up there for additionally stability.

Appreciate your thoughts, just want to make sure nobody is gettting misled is all.

I have a custom (Delta-ish clone) raised axle bracket that is welded in place. I've had it for a couple years now I think. I also have a Eimkeith frame bracket that has been on the shelf for a while. My panhard has a little slope to it still and I think the Eimkeith bracket will fix that, just need to make sure it doesn't cause it to slope the other way. In any case, a panhard that's parallel to the ground is going to be a benefit and improve handling as well as help locate the axle.
IMG_5019 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

I have a custom (Delta-ish clone) raised axle bracket that is welded in place. I've had it for a couple years now I think. I also have a Eimkeith frame bracket that has been on the shelf for a while. My panhard has a little slope to it still and I think the Eimkeith bracket will fix that, just need to make sure it doesn't cause it to slope the other way. In any case, a panhard that's parallel to the ground is going to be a benefit and improve handling as well as help locate the axle.
IMG_5019 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr
So are you planning on leaving your welded bracket in place on the driver's side and just adding the EIMKeith Passenger side bracket? Remember that their are holes on both of the EIMKeith brackets to return to the stock position if it doesn't work out.

So on all the EIMKeith brackets, the stock holes are still accessible if you ever want to go back.

So are you planning on leaving your welded bracket in place on the driver's side and just adding the EIMKeith Passenger side bracket? Remember that their are holes on both of the EIMKeith brackets to return to the stock position if it doesn't work out.
Yeah the axle bracket is staying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom