Lateral Rod (Panhard rod) Bushing part number confirmation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

smritte

SILVER Star
Threads
Ordering new front/rear panhard rod bushings. I have two part numbers. If I remember right, the last digits of the part number just means front/rear. Some listings only show the first half of the number. Which should make these the same part.

48706-60030 ft​

48706-60040 rr​

Question is, are these the same size and I order 4 of 1 part number or are they different size and I order 2 of each. Some listings I've found show them the same. Dealer sites show two different numbers and prices.

Ordering new front/rear panhard rod bushings. I have two part numbers. If I remember right, the last digits of the part number just means front/rear. Some listings only show the first half of the number. Which should make these the same part.

48706-60030 ft​

48706-60040 rr​

Question is, are these the same size and I order 4 of 1 part number or are they different size and I order 2 of each. Some listings I've found show them the same. Dealer sites show two different numbers and prices.
Cross-check here: www.partsouq.com

Not sure how to do that there, it shows aftermarket comparisons and that's all I see. I was happy to see a lower price until I saw the shipping rate. ugh.
I don't want to have to take them off and measure, they "appear" to be the same.
If no one knows how to interpret the part numbers, I can always order two of each. I just want to know if my thinking is correct on the first part of the number. As I said, some sites showed the part number the same. Just not the dealers.

They aren't the same. the 48706 you see on some sites just indicates the category of the part. Apart from standard hardware this is how Toyota identifies their parts. 48706 probably means Lateral control bushing or toe control link. the last five digits I guess are the specifics.
48706-60030 is the Front
48706-60040 is the Rear

I believe they are the same, but recommend to adhere to the part numbers for each if availability isn't an issue.

edit: for accuracy

Last edited:
Not sure how to do that there, it shows aftermarket comparisons and that's all I see. I was happy to see a lower price until I saw the shipping rate. ugh.
I don't want to have to take them off and measure, they "appear" to be the same.
If no one knows how to interpret the part numbers, I can always order two of each. I just want to know if my thinking is correct on the first part of the number. As I said, some sites showed the part number the same. Just not the dealers.
Go to www.partsouq.com and enter your VIN.
All part numbers for the entire vehicle are now available to you.

Front panhard bushings: 48706-60030
Front axle side bolt AND frame side bolt: 90119-16003
Front frame side nut: 90179-16015

Rear panhard bushings: 48706-60040
Rear axle side bolt: 90119-18001
Rear frame side bolt: 90105-18007
Rear frame side washer: 90201-19011
Rear frame side nut: 90170-18007

Consult the FSM for proper torque spec as they are slightly different.

They aren't the same. the 48706 you see on some sites just indicates the category of the part. Apart from standard hardware this is how Toyota identifies their parts. 48706 probably means Lateral control bushing or toe control link. the last five digits I guess are the specifics.
I had it backwards. Thank you. This is what I was after.

Lol. If they were the same part, they'd have the same part number. They are slightly different bushings and they use different hardware.

Four decades of working for a manufacture, I have occasionally ran into the same part, different part number, different price.
Working in the automotive business for a manufacture tells you, don't assume anything.

partsouq is out of the picture anyway due to the unavailability of one of the ends.

Thank you all for your replies. I ordered both sets and will measure when I get them. I was more curious about the discrepancy from some aftermarket venders showing them the same.

The front and rear panhard bushings are indeed different. Same outer diameter, different center sleeve and bolt hole size. The rear is the larger bolt, I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom