Hang on to my '09 or score a late model 200? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My '09 200 has 206,000 miles on it and looks/runs good. But since we won't be getting the 300 series, I'm wondering if I should upgrade to one of the late model 200s for the long run, or throw some money to a build on the '09? I'm kinda sick we won't have any more Land Cruisers in the U.S.

I know your 2009 would be in high demand, so, there's that.

Nah. Besides, everyone knows the 1st gen 200s look the best. :grinpimp:

My '09 200 has 206,000 miles on it and looks/runs good. But since we won't be getting the 300 series, I'm wondering if I should upgrade to one of the late model 200s for the long run, or throw some money to a build on the '09? I'm kinda sick we won't have any more Land Cruisers in the U.S.

The newer ones with the 8 speed auto aren't going to feel as fast. That transmission is tuned for "efficiency" and looks for 8th as quickly as it possibly can. The older 6 speed is just about perfect, IMO.

The newer ones with the 8 speed auto aren't going to feel as fast. That transmission is tuned for "efficiency" and looks for 8th as quickly as it possibly can. The older 6 speed is just about perfect, IMO.
Generally agree as I have both though the 8 speed has been clocked at 0-60 in 6.7 seconds.

The 8 has better programming and will hold a gear longer during acceleration such as through a corner and will downshift more aggressively under moderate-hard braking. The 6 will not.

Generally agree as I have both though the 8 speed has been clocked at 0-60 in 6.7 seconds.

The 8 has better programming and will hold a gear longer during acceleration such as through a corner and will downshift more aggressively under moderate-hard braking. The 6 will not.

Good to know. Where have you seen the newer one at 6.7 seconds? I haven't. I've seen mine (well, identical 2015) at 6.5 from a C&D article and I definitely believe it. I'm not saying the 8speed transmission makes it slow by any means, but they were really desperate to increase that MPG by 1. In any proper BOF truck that is driven normal, gas mileage is going to suck. Nature of the beasts.

I've just heard over the years that the 8 speed is eager to rush into 8th....when you get on it, this 6 speed holds gears almost like our old IS350 did and makes this huge beast feel downright frisky. I love it. The newer ones still like 70 grand and age and mileage doesn't matter on these as long as they've been cared for, which we all know. I think the '13-'15 will age better over the years, just IMO. One of the first applications of the spindle grill before Lexus got, um, a little outrageous with it.

I do wish I had the newer interior, however.

I have an 09. I say build it out. I personally don’t think getting a newer 200 justifies the price tag when you already have what you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom