1hz timing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok so a bit of a confusing one but I’d better put it out there coz I feel like a numpty atm
I have a 1990 hzj75 ute
I blew the motor
I bought a 1hz from a 1994 80 series
I switched over the injector pumps because the one I bought was ****ed thinking they would be the same or at least the same when it comes to gears/timing etc
When I’ve gone to put the new pump in I noticed that the little key that goes on the injector pump is 180° around. I thought that turning it all around to the TDC marks would make it alright. I did this by taking the belt off, turning both the cam and crank by hand until the mark on the pump gear and cam gear were on tdc and then re attached the belt
went to turn the motor over and it seems like the pistons are hitting the valves barely an 1/8th turn either way. Any ideas on how to remedy this situation?
FYI: the pump from my 75 series is a denso 732 and the pump from the 80 is a denso 751

Pump only goes in one way, by the woodruff key slot. I may be off by a few years but I believe 90-99 pumps all have the same timing. Pump gear only goes on one way as well. So I would just start over timing the motor per FSM if you don't have that there is a bunch of youtube videos on timing the 1HZ.

Pump only goes in one way, by the woodruff key slot. I may be off by a few years but I believe 90-99 pumps all have the same timing. Pump gear only goes on one way as well. So I would just start over timing the motor per FSM if you don't have that there is a bunch of youtube videos on timing the 1HZ.
What I’m saying is i used this photo to match the two timings on two different motors but when I pulled the injector pump off to put the new one on, the new one was at the opposite

36572499-2C2D-4784-94EA-562952245DAB.jpeg

What I’m saying is i used this photo to match the two timings on two different motors but when I pulled the injector pump off to put the new one on, the new one was at the opposite

View attachment 2653185
Got to spin it around again until they line up

Are you sure that no1 cylinder was at top dead centre on the compression stroke on the exhaust stroke the injector pump will be 180 * out of phase

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom