Adjustable Rear panhard or delta vs bracket? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fj80oregon

GOLD Star
Threads
So I am in the process of lifting my truck with the iron man stage 3 kit 2” in the rear and 3.5 in the front. I have a adjustable rear panhard and front bar. Also I have a delta vs rear panhard bracket. My question is which one should I install? Both? They are paid for and will be installing tomorrow. First time lifting a truck and want to make sure to get it right. Thanks I looked around but could not find a answer to my situation. I am planning ahead knowing I will probably lift more so the kit just made since. Also not sure so much about the adjustable trailing arm set up. I made them equal to stock and think I will let a alignment ship handle it unless I can accomplish this with some advice.

AB01A5F2-113F-4366-8CA0-9A5FA08ADB7E.jpeg

0C89A7D2-6374-43B8-B8C1-B102AF1D1C32.jpeg

The Delta bracket will do what you need.
Did you measure your driveline angles?
Did you need the adjstable LCA's, or did it just seem like a cool project? Don't get me wrong, I like cool projects.

Picture a triangle formed between the axle and panhard. The panhard is the hypotenuse of the triangle and the axle is the base. When you lift the rig it increases the height or altitude of the triangle. The base of the triangle (axle) stays the same length and the lift will increase the angle of the hypotenuse (the panhard) and also increase the length of the panhard.

The panhard bracket will correct the angle of the panhard. But the length of the panhard will still need to be adjusted to correct the axle position left to right.

Hope this explanation helps.....

The Delta bracket will do what you need.
Did you measure your driveline angles?
Did you need the adjstable LCA's, or did it just seem like a cool project? Don't get me wrong, I like cool projects.
Perfect, no I have not finished lifting yet, don’t know if I needed them, was rolling stock springs and shocks and needed new and 25% off at Ironman got me the kit with everything verse just shocks and springs. Plus I like the adjustability down the road and all new bushing on everything is a plus!

Picture a triangle formed between the axle and panhard. The panhard is the hypotenuse of the triangle and the axle is the base. When you lift the rig it increases the height or altitude of the triangle. The base of the triangle (axle) stays the same length and the lift will increase the angle of the hypotenuse (the panhard) and also increase the length of the panhard.

The panhard bracket will correct the angle of the panhard. But the length of the panhard will still need to be adjusted to correct the axle position left to right.

Hope this explanation helps.....
Hypotenuse what!!! Had to google that one! Yes that makes sense run both. The panhard will adjust the axle left to right to center on the vehicle.

The Delta is more important than the adjustable panhard and will reduce body lean and tighten up the way the vehicle drives. The adjustable panhard just centers the axle under the vehicle. The axle will be close to center after the Delta panhard bracket is installed.

I have both and made my adjustable panhard for $28 with a welder and parts from McMaster.

I have both on mine. Delta corrects the movement, the adj bar fine tunes the axle placement side-to-side.
This will be important if, for example, you have larger bumpstops that may have clearance issues on one side due to a too short/long stock panhard.

Last edited:
I have never understood the need for adjustable parts that keep the axles under the truck. I've seen them fail on several vehicles in the woods. Things tend to get very exciting when that happens.

Delta bracket.

It makes a big difference in how the 80 moves down the road at speed - especially a road that has undulations, and also how the 80 tracks under brakes.

Basically it returns the panhard to near horizontal (for the lift/bracket you go with) so that as the 80 transitions up/down on road, the rear axle moves very little sideways (as it would if the panhard was not horizontal). That reduced sideways movement reduces the tendency of the rear end to wag the front/direction the 80 is going. It is quite a dramatic improvement, assuming you've driven you 80 enough to be 'sensitive' to any handling changes.

cheers,
george.

Hypotenuse what!!! Had to google that one! Yes that makes sense run both.

Pythagorean Theorem - this is your chance to make use of high school math.

You don’t necessarily need the adjustable panhard if the delta bracket raise accounts for the lift (you don’t have a triangle anymore, it’s just back to stock), but the adjustable allows for fine tuning and future proofs your build.

I just added a bit of lift for 38s and adjusted mine, and I have the Delta bracket (and no, there’s no reason to make that bracket taller for a bit of lift, the 3” version is generally good for 3-5” lifts).

I didn't read this entire thread but I had both and contemplated the same thing for my 4" lift at the time. After installing the VS correction bracket, I had to shrink my adj panhard rod back down to the same length as an OEM length panhard rod. If you search this forum with my name, you might see the pics I posted. I think that thread talked about the VS bracket when it first came out Again, this was for a 4" lift. I shrunk the panhard rod again when I went down to 3" lift and also had to shrink the front panhard rod in order to re-center the front axle under the 80 better.

Just another data point, may help!

If you have both install both🤷🏽‍♀️. But you shouldn’t need the adjustable panhard because the delta bracket puts the panhard at the stock angle
This is very true.

Last edited:
This is very trule.

Old bushings, though. Here we are trying to correct rear end behavior and then thinking 26 year old bushings are doing the job.

That kind of thinking is why so many people’s stock radius arms don’t work properly because the frame end are still original, and those are the really important ones.

The adjustable panhard will correct the axle position. The panhard lift bracket will get the panhard parallel to the ground (when parked on flat ground). A flat panhard will result in the best handling characteristics. So both are worth having.

Anecdotally, I had just an adjustable panhard for years. A few years ago I installed a custom raised panhard bracket. The stock panhard with the custom bracket gave me a result of the correct axle location as well as the flat panhard. So the Adjustable panhard was removed and put on the shelf. So you might find that a stock panhard will work fine but fine tuning the axle location isn't a bad thing with an adjustable one, especially if you change your lift height at some point.

So I am in the process of lifting my truck with the iron man stage 3 kit 2” in the rear and 3.5 in the front. I have a adjustable rear panhard and front bar. Also I have a delta vs rear panhard bracket. My question is which one should I install? Both? They are paid for and will be installing tomorrow. First time lifting a truck and want to make sure to get it right. Thanks I looked around but could not find a answer to my situation. I am planning ahead knowing I will probably lift more so the kit just made since. Also not sure so much about the adjustable trailing arm set up. I made them equal to stock and think I will let a alignment ship handle it unless I can accomplish this with some advice.

View attachment 2651566

View attachment 2651568
Are those power stops? If so, how do you like them? :)

If you have a bracket that raises the mount point by the same amount you lift the vehicle I dont see what an adjustable rod could possibly do aside from have a weakness due to threads and crap. If done correctly your panhard doesn't even move from the stock location IMO. I made my own bracket and just made the offset the same as the lift. Zero need for adjustability.

If you have a bracket that raises the mount point by the same amount you lift the vehicle I dont see what an adjustable rod could possibly do aside from have a weakness due to threads and crap. If done correctly your panhard doesn't even move from the stock location IMO. I made my own bracket and just made the offset the same as the lift. Zero need for adjustability.

Problem is that every 80 series is different and every lift is different. Advertised lift heights are never exactly what they claim to be and suspension also sags with age.

I doubt that the delta vs bracket will raise the mounting point exactly as much as the vehicle is lifted. The bracket might get you close but the adjustable pan hard with the bracket will let you get it exact.

Close might be good enough for some people and there uses. But the bigger the tires get, the taller the lift is, and the rougher the roads become the more important it becomes to get it exact.

If the OP already owns both, he might as well install both, as an added bonus he will also get new panhard bushings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom